Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:23 am

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
It really isn't. It's so unbalanced, there are too many cards and too little decks that are actually able to compete with Meta and the most recent decks. Back in the day, you could pretty much use anything and still win while having fun. Now, if you use a fun deck, you'll just end up losing because you'll be facing some random opponent using Chaos, DW, Synchro and XYZ decks, or meta. I liked it when BW an LS were the only Meta decks, yet it was possible to win against them. I used Monarchs back then, and I still do now sometimes (that is due to the fact that they can't even compete with any deck atm, because they're too slow), and I used to win quite a lot of duels (got a 14 win streak with them, but that was back in 2009). I just recently started playing again with Monarchs and I keep losing EVERY single duel.
Well, what do you think about this?

2Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:10 pm

9link5

9link5
Houseless
Houseless
Heh...

I compleately agree

3Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
9link5 wrote:Heh...

I compleately agree
Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks of it this way. The banlist is seriously starting to piss me off...

4Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:32 pm

Lyna the Light Charmer

Lyna the Light Charmer
Houseless
Houseless
I too agree.

5Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
That's true. That's why I stick to just dueling friends on DN. Half the time when I'm against meta, the player makes tons of misplays. You know why? Because they probably copied it off somewhere and don't bother to read the cards right. They just assume it wins so they aren't careful if they're using it right. A lot of people run the same thing and it gets a little boring Sleep . That's just the way it is though. If you wanna win, the most obvious choice is to play meta.

6Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:34 am

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Losing is never fun. That's why I only use the meta.

7Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:21 am

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
and that's the mentality that's ruined the game.

The game had morals, it was lost upon those who seek an easy win.

It's people who think that way who manage Yu-Gi-Oh nowadays, and it's gotten ruined for it.

Yu-Gi-Oh is socially frowned upon. Lets face it, there's that one person in our life (for me there's a tad longer list) that laughs at us for playing this game and/or is constantly trying to make us quit Yu-Gi-Oh. Why? In any situation it's considered 1 of 2 things:
-Overly complicated
-A Children's card game.
We have noone but Konami to thank for this.

And to add insult to injury, there's not many reasons to stay. :/
I mean, how many of us are here because we loved 5D's? How about ZeXal?
No?
The series that brought the majority of people to this game and kept us here to this day is without a doubt Classic Yu-Gi-Oh. Why? That's probably a tad obvious.

Last edited by Eheroduelist on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

8Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:25 am

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Umm... I doubt anyone enjoyed yugioh (lol frog FTK, TeleDAD, etc)

9Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:18 am

9link5

9link5
Houseless
Houseless
... I have just lost so much respect for you with that.

Ehero summed up my complaints in that paragraph and your responce is that no one liked classic YGO and that you play meta to avoid loseing.

I used to love this game. Back in the time when losing meant that the opponent was more creative and skilled then you. not that they spent more money. He put his heart and soul into makeing the deck he just used to beat you and he would likely upon asking teach you what he did. Those where the days when losing made you get better and have MORE fun. Not when you got pissed off because you opponent BSed you into oblivion.

I'll be quite honest. I HEAVILY respect the man who came up with Hunter loop and Dino-Rabbit. He saw a Hole in the game and exploited it. I Blame Konami for not responding imidetly and preventing it from being done again. For SUPPORTING the unbalanced portion of the game to trick people into spending more money on the game.

I don't even know how to continue this.

10Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Blasted meta game. Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:25 pm

onetruehero2291

onetruehero2291
Houseless
Houseless
People who claim that they play meta to keep from losing have either just come into the game and don't get that it used to be fun and challenging, or are so insensitive to their fellow player that they should give up the game and go back to fragging it up on Call of Duty. These people don't care if the community suffers as a whole so long as they put A win in the record books; and why should they care? In an effort to maximize their profit margins Konami hasn't just enabled this behavior, They encourage it! When Konami refuses to ban a card because they know it will up their bottom line they are telling players to keep breaking the game and screwing over other players! I'm sick and tired of the child like behavior of the meta gamer's. Konami and Dueling Network for that matter should be working harder to curb this!

11Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
To be fair, Dueling Network just goes by Konami banlist.

Konami is the one trying to reap every penny from people who just want to win.
It's wrong, cruel to those who truely like the game, and has corrupted the game to where many of the decent players are most likely quitting.

I've considered dropping YGO for a few formats to see if they can fix their screw-ups.

12Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:45 pm

Kimo Force

Kimo Force
Dark Desolation
Dark Desolation
And people ask why I stopped playing this game a long time ago.

http://kimoforce.deviantart.com/

13Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Nuran

Nuran
Houseless
Houseless
The only discouraging thing is the formats doesn't get better they just keep getting worse and worse

14Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:17 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
The formats and archtypes keep getting worse apparently. Which means the players are getting worse especially the new players. I ran into a player who's chair was a little too high. He played an inzektor deck and obviously if you blow up the field one turn, then do the same thing next turn, you're going to think, "Damn, I'm good!". lol

15Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:43 pm

effective.now

effective.now
Houseless
Houseless
i totally agree back when i was young and i watched the classic yugi it was much more fun than this one i stopped watching the show since GX simply i hated it. i also played the play station 1 yugioh game forbidden memories back when u could fusion any monsters u want (without poly) and when u had to put codes to get cards and u did not get pissed off and when key mace was card that can make u win and a 1000 attk monsters was a huge hit!

new decks are just so auto-pilot they dont require any skills at all -_-

16Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Fluffytots

Fluffytots
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
i agree the old yugioh was much mre balanced then today. nowadays its 1st turn summon 4 monsters and all othe confusing ways. and meta decks are to OP no fun and take no skill
Bring back blackwings to tier 1 ill be happy

17Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
There have always been formats that certain decks have dominated or certain broken cards hadn't been banned, so i think that we should just cross our fingers and hope that the next format is as good as Goat Control.

18Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:00 pm

shadowfox18

shadowfox18
Houseless
Houseless
yeah, its just getting rediculous. a couple more run inswith the meta and im probobly gonna drop this game for a few lists...

19Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
shadowfox18 wrote:yeah, its just getting rediculous. a couple more run inswith the meta and im probobly gonna drop this game for a few lists...
Indeed.
I just played with a girl using Inzektors a while ago, she OTKed me on her second turn, blowing my field with hornet and swarming her field with Inzektors and XYZ. I would've won next turn (BLS and 2 JDs in my hand, 4 LS in the grave). I kinda raged... (TWA Skype Chat *cough*)

20Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
I remember when you summoned your Blue Eyes, it got real LOL

21Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Blue Eyes? What world was he in? 0.o

22Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
You were probably too young. It's okay lol

Last edited by Jimi on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

23Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
I'm too long? What's that supposed to mean? 0.o

24Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Post edited.

25Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! just isn't fun anymore... Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:24 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Uh... I'm not too young for Blue Eyes .-.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum