Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1 'Autopilot' Decks on Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Jimi

Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
First topic message reminder :

I think most of you have seen the term tossed around a handsome amount either on DN or some other Yu-Gi-Oh! related site. Some decks that are accused of it are mainly those considered meta. The term is mainly used due to the deck in question being rather easy to play or self explanatory, rather and doesn't require a great deal of skill or thought.

Personally, I think every deck requires at least some thought but more so, good timing. I do think that cards over time have become a lot simpler to use. You just do what the card tells you to do and not much else which means everyone makes almost the exact sameplays. Also, there never used to be a lot of archetypes and that's one aspect of the game that's been on a rise. Konami almost never just comes out with single cards meant to be used on their own but instead they put together an archetype. I guess this makes it easier on duelists and can also contribute to the term, 'autopilot'. The cards are created to work together and all you need to do is play it.

So what are your thoughts on decks that are considered, 'Autopilot'. Do you even agree with the word? Discuss!

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."

26 Re: 'Autopilot' Decks on Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:06 am

Oz

Houseless
Houseless
Some decks are auto-pilot, very, auto-pilot.
Dats dat. No long post from me, I'm on my iPad ^_^

27 Re: 'Autopilot' Decks on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Niko327

Houseless
Houseless
Eheroduelist wrote:The only reason previous top-tier decks ever lost was due to the user screwing up the simple, autopilot loop.

I thought I already pointed out this was false? Like I said, if that was the reason the decks lost then any interruption like a Veiler or bottomless or whatever would have stopped the more famous Yugioh players from winning multiple YCS, Shonen Jump events, or whatever. They still win and multiple times won out of hundreds of people. An Inzektor loop going off once also isn't a game-winning combo. If it was all based on one single loop and the wind-up hand loop was so hard to come back from, then why has din-rabbit topped over Wind-Ups so very much? Rabbits don't even have a loop unless you count using Leviair to get rabbit back a loop.

I liked reality better when it was a dream -Bayside

28 Re: 'Autopilot' Decks on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Oz

Houseless
Houseless
Maybe because the loop Wind-Up loop really only ever works iif you're going first and your opponent doesnt have Maxx C or Veiler...or your opponent's field is clear, and they don't have Max C or veiler?? -_-
And Wind-Ups won Nats too sooooo yeah.

29 Re: 'Autopilot' Decks on Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:44 pm

Eheroduelist

Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Niko327 wrote:
Eheroduelist wrote:The only reason previous top-tier decks ever lost was due to the user screwing up the simple, autopilot loop.

I thought I already pointed out this was false? Like I said, if that was the reason the decks lost then any interruption like a Veiler or bottomless or whatever would have stopped the more famous Yugioh players from winning multiple YCS, Shonen Jump events, or whatever. They still win and multiple times won out of hundreds of people. An Inzektor loop going off once also isn't a game-winning combo. If it was all based on one single loop and the wind-up hand loop was so hard to come back from, then why has din-rabbit topped over Wind-Ups so very much? Rabbits don't even have a loop unless you count using Leviair to get rabbit back a loop.

I'm not be exactly a pro, nor do I always understand the topdecking skills of people who can topdeck like god and win with only 1 card.
However, when a loop can be attained on the first turn (where Wind-ups play first), the Dino Rabbit's hand is sacked entirely. They are more likely to lose that round, as the Wind-up user has the unfair advantage in that they still have a counter strategy IN PLAY (not to mention the fact there are 23456432456789876543245689765435678 counter cards to moves nowadays), meanwhile their opponent has nothing- to the extent that they have to get on their knees and pray they draw something good that can stave off the Wind-up Spam/looping until they can pull off a win.
When Wind-ups play 2nd turn, all they have to do is start spamming and they can loop-summon any Rank 3-5 Xyz, and possibly get around Laggia/counter traps.

I think Wind-ups had the most potential this format, but fell short because pros started understanding this easy-to-learn loop and started preparing for it. That is the best guess I have as to why Wind-ups weren't considered (if they were while I wasn't paying attention than ignore this) the #1 deck this format.

I'm not saying that because Wind-ups are autopilot that they can insta-win any match.
Matches take a whole level of skill, Wind-ups are easy to counter in g2/3 (more so in g2 because opponent gets to go first), but because the loop is so easy to play they have such a painfully obvious advantage.
The Wind-up loop is extremely powerful and in the hands of a person with any degree of skill in YGO and reading, can be extremely deadly.

30 the best way to make a chaos dragon combo on Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:59 pm

Alchemistyazan

Teacher
Teacher
the best way to make a chaos dragon loop is on your second turn not first this is what usually happens

A player plays 2 set cards and a set monster and ends his turn
Then you should set wyvern or ryko and set a card.
if ryko u usually get wyvern and his effect if wyvern u save your self the luck Razz
he flips his monster and its sangan he summons tour guide and gets a fiend
ther comes zenmaines usually u have bottomless so hes gone. he atk directly with sangan and you lose 1000 LP
then its your turn and you have red eyes metalness dragon banished from wyverns effect.
u play heavy storm and then he plays starlight road
then you play card destruction and draw 5 since u had 4-5
banish a dark and light monster from your grave and get dark flare dragon banish him and summon metalness
then u usually have more than one metalness and u summon him thats 2 cards left in your hand so u get one more monster and thats BLS then summon tour guide and summon zenmaines so atk and if calculated correctly he has 700 LP left so u xyz using ur 2 metalness(plural form just cant find that sign Razz)and you get a 3000 monster i forgot whats his anme and his effect makes him inflict 2000 damage thats 9300 DAMAGE IN 2 TURNS
if ur saying we wont have this hand, well i gotta say your kinda wrong usually with this deck this is your hand hope you enjoy this OTK Smile

31 Re: 'Autopilot' Decks on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Niko327

Houseless
Houseless
Alchemist, stop spamming. And that's a terrible combo. Who says the face-down is Ryko you're attacking in to? that combo consisted of 6 cards, 3 of which are limited to 1. that's a 1 in 240 chance to have that hand, not including the consistency of drawing those limited cards over others you have 2 or 3 copies of like Lightpulsar, Ryko, Lyla, or Solar Recharge. Not to mention, what Chaos Dragon player runs Bottomless? Since when does Zenmaines get destroyed by Bottomless?

I'll definitely agree with you that when I play Wind-Ups and I get to go first, I'm pretty much pumped that I'm gonna win more than likely. It's a cheap combo, but like Oz said, a simple veiler or maxx "c" stops it. If they don't have it in hand, its awful, but game 2 and 3 the deck doesn't do so well if the opponent sides well.

That doesn't justify the ridiculousness that the loop is first game, no, but this isn't a discussion on how broken the loop is, but rather if it's "auto-pilot" or not. That doesn't explain it being auto-pilot, it just justifies the combo being ridiculously good and Tier 1 worthy. I also agree that Wind-Ups had the most potential in the format, but the problem with them is that if they do get interrupted, it's painful and sets the deck back VERY easily since they don't have big stand-alone monsters like a 2400 walking Solemn Judgment or 1900 ATK beaters or 2400 ATK dragonfly or 2100 atk centipede.

It all really is determined by what we define as "auto-pilot." You all have the idea that the term means how easy the deck is to play. Unfortunately, that contradicts the term because auto-pilot refers to something running itself. You can't play a deck that plays itself, you would just be a bystander to cards flopping around on a table. I see where you are coming from because no, it doesn't take much to memorize a combo like the Wind-Up loop, but that isn't the deck, that's the power of the human brain. We're so adept to memorization that with repetition we can associate a picture with a certain set of rules and wording. You cannot, however, pick up a Wind-Up deck and do the loop with no struggle or no reading at all and expect to loop your opponent's entire hand.

Think about your favorite deck. What about when you first heard about the archetype? Did you know every in and out of the deck at the start? Were you playing it jut as well as you are today? Some people claim Blackwings are auto-pilot, but I disagree. I see so many misplays and stupid mistakes that players think are a good move, but since I've had experience with the deck I see the better and more efficient plays. Same goes with Wind-Ups or Inzektors or whatever top tier deck. Novice players will always misplay the decks and over complicate or make a move that doesn't tap into the deck's full potential. You can say the same for HEROs, Dark Worlds, anything.

In a way, no deck is "auto-pilot," but our brains are so amazing that we can memorize combos, strategies, and the cards we use in our decks that eventually, in a sense, our brains turn on the "auto-pilot" and the deck seemingly plays itself.

I liked reality better when it was a dream -Bayside

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum