Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Psychics , during this metagame. Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:11 am

Scarlett

Scarlett
Houseless
Houseless
Psychics have been blessed with some of the strangest monsters ever printed, including a Wind-up. Wind-Up Juggler is a monster wrapped in a 1700 ATK power. Its removal effect kicks in at a critical time, where most cards can't even respond to it. Since Juggler 's ability activates in the damage step after damage calculation, its effect can still trigger even if it's attacked face-down. Juggler's a great way to bait out opposing trouble, such as a Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon or Evolzar Laggia , while at the same time putting a decent amount of hurt on the opponent should ruin there plans.

Wind-Up Juggler
Spoiler:

Wind-Up Juggler is one of the new age Psychics. They're monsters that have great effects, with no serious cost/drawback , and their stats don't suffer for it. The boss of monsters with high ATK and great effects, Silent Psychic Wizard is the best. It's a pretty simple card, combining aggressive ATK with a ridiculously good backup plan. When you Normal Summon it, the Wizard banishes a Psychic-Type which could even be a psychic synchro from your graveyard. Should the Wizard then be sent to the graveyard itself, by any means whatsoever, the monster it banished comes to the field in whatever position you wish. On top of that, if the monster you banish and Special Summon is something like Esper Girl, its effect triggers giving you a free draw. You can Summon the Wizard, banish something, and run headfirst into another 1900 ATK monster like Thunder King Rai-Oh and get a quick +1 in card presence by Special Summoning whatever you banished.

Silent Psychic Wizard
Spoiler:

Esper Girl
Spoiler:

With these aggressive and controlling monsters, Psychics are good, but what makes them great is their squad of defensive monster. Serene Psychic Witch is the defensive beast of the theme. With a respectable 1400 ATK and 1200 DEF, the Witch can go one-to-one with recruiting monsters like Mystic Tomato, and if it's destroyed and sent to the graveyard its effect activates. Her Special Summon effect has to be negated at activation, too, something alot of players don't realize.

The Witch combos really well with the new Psychic Tuner, Esper Girl. While her stats are nothing heavy to say the least, Esper Girl is by far the Tuner of choice. At Level 2, she's perfect for searching out with Psychic Witch or Emergency Teleport. However, what makes Esper Girl really special is her ability. Her mandatory effect might as well say "draw one card," and it turns her into a definite plus. You'll get to claim the card you banished even if you use Esper Girl as a Synchro Material, making Synchro Summons even better.

Serene Psychic Witch
Spoiler:

Psychics can call plenty of boss monsters too, with the big ones being Hyper Psychic Blaster, Thought Ruler Archfiend, and Ultimate Axon Kicker , however due to most of them being earth monsters , they gain access to Naturia synchro monsters , who specifically are meant to lock down the opponent.

The only main spell that's going to benefit Psychics significantly right now is probably Emergency Teleport, which stands as one of their most versatile tricks. I'm not saying that there isn't any other psychic support card: we just won't be playing them in either of today's decks. However Future Glow and Psychic Feel Zone are great cards that might find place in today's metagame. Miracle Synchro Fusion is another great card which lets you Summon Ultimate Axon Kicker.

Emergency Teleport
Spoiler:

Miracle Synchro Fusion
Spoiler:

Lastly here's some of the most common Psychic oriented builds floating around these days:-

Tele-Gusto
Tele-DAD
Psychic Naturia
Psychic Synchro
Psychic banish

Hope you enjoyed reading the article , and knew a thing or 2 about psychics during this harsh metagame.

2Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:48 am

Maximillion Pegasus

Maximillion Pegasus
This article is very well written and easy to read. I'm glad you were hired as a teacher because you're work is spectacular. Very informative, I've been planning on building a new psychic deck.

3Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Scarlett

Scarlett
Houseless
Houseless
Thanks Embarassed , the honor is mine for being entrusted with such an important position. And good luck with the Psychic deck.

4Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:53 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Very nice Article indeed.
I've seen you play PsyGusto so I knew some of the combos already, but good job overall.

The eye candy is there, card images in spoilers... you, girl, earned an award.

5Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:08 pm

raissa ana' marriana

raissa ana' marriana
Houseless
Houseless
nice article Wink i love it... if only I played psychics ._.

6Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:26 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Great article. The only criticism I have is the title of the article in relation to the content. I didn't see significant discussion on how Psychics are different now than they were before. You more so focussed on combos and descriptions. Very well done though. I love this type.

7Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Scarlett

Scarlett
Houseless
Houseless
You've got good eyes sir , and thanks for notifying me <3 , but while saying "during this metagame" i didn't meant to imply the difference , but how good they are in the current metagame , if you look closely , you'll notice me mentioning alot of stuff related to the metagame , but still my bad , and will try my best to do better Wink.

8Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:02 pm

aznboy789

aznboy789
Houseless
Houseless
Lol i saw scarlet duel before. with her skills even some of the admin cant beat her good luck on getting more people to be in a high rank.

9Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:23 am

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Nice article, I've been looking to make a psychic deck for a while now, but I missed the format when they were popular so I had no idea of what cards to search for or build around Sad Looks like I can get started now, though ;D

10Psychics , during this metagame. Empty Re: Psychics , during this metagame. Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:30 am

yuseifudo33

yuseifudo33
Houseless
Houseless
omgggg
you no add grandsoil o.O im prouddd of ya

nice article

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum