Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:48 pm

! Xyz Master !

! Xyz Master !
Teacher
Teacher
During your standby phase , while you have a treeborn frog in the graveyard and you have no spells/traps in the ST zone you can special summon Treeborn Frog and then use enemy controller in the same standby phase to tribute Treeborn and take control of one of your opponent's face-up monsters then since it's still the standby phase , you can re-use Treeborn Frog effect and special summon it again from the graveyard and there you go you can now summon any monster that needs 2/1 tributes or you can Xyz/synchro with the monster you stole from your opponent. Tell me what you think about this card combo.

2Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Minako

Minako
Houseless
Houseless
I think that the combo is older than dirt and it's odd that it's being brought up. It isn't worth as much for overlaying since overlaying is more level specific than synching. It's great for tribute abuse or synching especially since treeborn gives you more options as a level 1 but it's a common play in frognarchs and other decks that use swap frog and treeborn frog. You have anything new to share with the class, Lehrer?

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

3Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Maximillion Pegasus

Maximillion Pegasus
Eh, just because it's old doesn't mean it's useless.
Thanks for posting it, every little bit helps.

4Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:13 pm

Minako

Minako
Houseless
Houseless
Dex♥ wrote:Eh, just because it's old doesn't mean it's useless.
Thanks for posting it, every little bit helps.

Never said it was useless. I've always found it to be nifty but it is old and pretty common knowledge. So I found it odd that it's being brought up. I would think most duelists know it.

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/

5Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:25 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
I pretty much agree with Minako, this combo is abusable, among other similar combos, but it's obvious and well known.

Just can't say it better than it's older than dirt.
lol

6Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:50 am

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
It's old, and not a big deal, really. It's useful though.

EDIT:
Btw, I noticed old combos are getting a lot of hate. Chill, guys, they're useful, and, as Dex said, every little bit helps. This section is made for posting combos, what did you expect? You're supposed to discuss about it, not hate on it just because it's old.

7Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Implying

Implying
Houseless
Houseless
<3 this combo

https://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Implyingdn/

8Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Not hating, just saying it's well known in the YGO-verse. If you play the game, you've seen the combo plenty of times. Doesn't mean it's bad, nor am I saying suggesting is bad. ._.'

Just putting my opinion out there, points for being honest? Razz

9Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:31 pm

Aster Phoenix

Aster Phoenix
Houseless
Houseless
Creature Swap is better.

10Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Aster Phoenix wrote:Creature Swap is better.
Why would it be better? You'd just swap TBF with a monster your opponent controls, thus giving them a monster, while with Enemy Controller you tribute your TBF and take one of their monsters, without giving him anything. Even though it's only for one turn, you can still use that monster as a tribute and special summon TBF on your next standby phase. There are other situations in which Creature Swap could be better, but this is not one of them.

11Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:43 pm

! Xyz Master !

! Xyz Master !
Teacher
Teacher
Syrufit wrote:
Why would it be better? You'd just swap TBF with a monster your opponent controls, thus giving them a monster, while with Enemy Controller you tribute your TBF and take one of their monsters, without giving him anything. Even though it's only for one turn, you can still use that monster as a tribute and special summon TBF on your next standby phase. There are other situations in which Creature Swap could be better, but this is not one of them.

In addition to that , you do not lose your treeborn frog it returns to your field in the same standby phase thus taking control of one of your opponent's monsters without losing any thing ^^

12Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Phraxure

Phraxure
Houseless
Houseless
Commno Frog Monarch combo, and always useful to do what you want with the monster (Often tributed for Caius).

13Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Aster Phoenix

Aster Phoenix
Houseless
Houseless
Syrufit wrote:

Put Treeborn Frog in attack xD

14Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Aster Phoenix wrote:Put Treeborn Frog in attack xD
Oh, yes. That could be a good idea. But it's situational, really.
It's another combo. Still less useful than TBF + Enemy Controller in my opinion, but a good one.

15Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:14 pm

Madolche Puddingcess

Madolche Puddingcess
Houseless
Houseless
! Xyz Master ! wrote:During your standby phase , while you have a treeborn frog in the graveyard and you have no spells/traps in the ST zone you can special summon Treeborn Frog and then use enemy controller in the same standby phase to tribute Treeborn and take control of one of your opponent's face-up monsters then since it's still the standby phase , you can re-use Treeborn Frog effect and special summon it again from the graveyard and there you go you can now summon any monster that needs 2/1 tributes or you can Xyz/synchro with the monster you stole from your opponent. Tell me what you think about this card combo.

O.O thats so creative
nice combo

16Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Empty Re: Enemy Controller + Treeborn Frog. Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:49 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Locked. Don't necropost -.-
Warning given.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum