Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Missing the timing. Empty Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:12 am

Melz

Melz
Houseless
Houseless
What is missing timing?

missing timing is baisically when a condition is met for a monster to activate it's effect(ex. destroyed , sent to the grave , removed from field etc.) however cannot use it's effect because there is already a chain going on which cannot be broken.

what kind of effect monsters CAN miss timing?

monster's with optional effect's meaning you dont have to use it cause well , its optional. not mandatory like sangan. the monster's that have "when and can" in their effect's like for example :

Missing the timing. 334435

"Whenthis card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target up to 2 of your banished "Elemental HERO" monsters; add those targets to your hand."

same applies for

Missing the timing. 328629

"When & Can" , Keep this in mind.

How to Properly make your opponent miss timing?

lets say your field is forbidden lance and torrential tribute.Your opponent banishes light and dark for light pulsar dragon , you are at fast effect timing to respond to the summon a.k.a the summoning window which is a period of time where the monster either yours our your opponent's is summoned and a chain CAN be started in response. for example chain forbidden lance to the SUMMON of light pulsar dragon , NOT while its face up on the field but to the summon and if no response from opponent you can then chain your torrential tribute because you are still in summoning window the condition of summoning a monster is still being met. now chains resolve backwards , so torrential will ressolve first destroying light pulsar dragon (this is where Light Pulsar dragon would want to activate) however your opponent cannot declare whether or not he/she wants to use your optional effect because forbidden lance still has to resolve.

in conclusion this is what missing timing is , the condition for the monster's effect is being met but you cannot choose to activate the optional "when" effect because there is still a card in the chain that has to resolve meaning , the condition that was met is not the last thing that happened in the chain.

be smart about this though , you dont want to minus yourself to make an opponent miss timing unless it is necesary.

a good card that is considered must have side or possibly main deck card this current format is "soultaker" being how it gets rid of any monster your opponent controls at the cost of 1000 lp which also makes cards like shining and light pulsar miss timing.

i hope this post helps please comment with thought's

~Sincerly Melz~

Last edited by Melz on Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003570358710

2Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:18 am

L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet
Houseless
Houseless
Mhm, if something else happened after the activation condition was met, then you have missed the timing, and cannot activate the optional effect.

Good job mely.

3Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:27 am

Melz

Melz
Houseless
Houseless
L.Lawliet wrote:
Good job mely.
thanks Very Happy

4Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Lunatic

Lunatic
Dark Desolation
Dark Desolation
Excellent short guide, Keep it going Smile

5Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Kimo Force

Kimo Force
Dark Desolation
Dark Desolation
It's a little messy and not very convincing, but it gets its point across. Good job.
However, I would like to point out something: You stated that Lightpulsar Dragon loses its timing because Forbidden Lance was first in chain. It should be known that Lightpulsar's effect starts a chain by itself, so he will get his effect in a new chain, but instead of Forbidden Lance, if this one trap card I remember which removes all cards in the graveyard from play activates first in the chain, Lightpulsar would be removed from play since it was sent to the graveyard first, and only then will it lose it's timing since it is not in the graveyard by the time its effect activates. Another good example is when using Mystical Space Typhoon then chaining the targetted Call of the Haunted to bring back Elemental HERO Stratos for instance. Typhoon would destroy Call of the Haunted, destroying Stratos and forcing it to lose its timing.

http://kimoforce.deviantart.com/

6Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:02 pm

Melz

Melz
Houseless
Houseless
Kimo Force wrote:It's a little messy and not very convincing, but it gets its point across. Good job.
However, I would like to point out something: You stated that Lightpulsar Dragon loses its timing because Forbidden Lance was first in chain. It should be known that Lightpulsar's effect starts a chain by itself, so he will get his effect in a new chain, but instead of Forbidden Lance, if this one trap card I remember which removes all cards in the graveyard from play activates first in the chain, Lightpulsar would be removed from play since it was sent to the graveyard first, and only then will it lose it's timing since it is not in the graveyard by the time its effect activates. Another good example is when using Mystical Space Typhoon then chaining the targetted Call of the Haunted to bring back Elemental HERO Stratos for instance. Typhoon would destroy Call of the Haunted, destroying Stratos and forcing it to lose its timing.
i went blind before and after good job. 8)

7Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Kimo Force

Kimo Force
Dark Desolation
Dark Desolation
Well, I'm only pointing out things that seem wrong and praising all the right parts, it's called constructive criticism. If you want to improve, you need to listen to people who are willing to help. Your ego will only slow you down if you let it get in the way.

http://kimoforce.deviantart.com/

8Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:48 pm

Melz

Melz
Houseless
Houseless
ill keep that in mind.

9Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:42 pm

bakura normal

bakura normal
Houseless
Houseless
Meh it's pretty good but in all honesty I agree with kimo, it has some flaws. Nice try.

10Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Melz

Melz
Houseless
Houseless
bakura normal wrote:Meh it's pretty good but in all honesty I agree with kimo, it has some flaws. Nice try.

if u guys dont like it delete it. simple as that. and ill know for future reffrence to not post another advice.

11Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Melz wrote:
bakura normal wrote:Meh it's pretty good but in all honesty I agree with kimo, it has some flaws. Nice try.

if u guys dont like it delete it. simple as that. and ill know for future reffrence to not post another advice.
I don't think he wanted to be mean. Nobody's gonna delete an article if it's related to the subject, it doesn't matter if people like it or not. You shouldn't be turned down just because one person doesn't like one of your articles.
I personally like it, it explains some advanced rulings regarding timing. There are some spelling and grammar mistakes here and there, but overall it's understandable.
Good job, I encourage you to write more of these. It could be a good way to learn some new combos and stuff, and maybe, even learn something new.

12Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
I do agree that Melz shouldn't take it to heart but at the same time, if you're going to post a critique or opinion, be specific. Quote parts you think should be improved, give informative advice, etc. It's not gonna do anyone any good to read short and vague reasons why or why not an article is good or still needs improving.

Kimo did a good job of that.

13Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:02 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Jimi wrote:I do agree that Melz shouldn't take it to heart but at the same time, if you're going to post a critique or opinion, be specific. Quote parts you think should be improved, give informative advice, etc. It's not gonna do anyone any good to read short and vague reasons why or why not an article is good or still needs improving.

Kimo did a good job of that.
I wasn't exactly planning to fix the article, I just wanted to give my opinion. Also, I'm not that advanced of a player, so most of these complex rulings are new for me.
I still have much to learn, a lot changed in 4 years.

14Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:12 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
I wasn't talking about you when I wrote that. What I said is also for anyone else that might have a critique in the future.

15Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Jimi wrote:I wasn't talking about you when I wrote that. What I said is also for anyone else that might have a critique in the future.
Alright then, no hard feelings.
I was just pointing out that new players and people that just got back to the game (like me) might not know of all these things yet.

16Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:18 pm

Melz

Melz
Houseless
Houseless
this is leanin towards a spam topic now i request a clean on this topic plz , ty.

17Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Melz wrote:this is leanin towards a spam topic now i request a clean on this topic plz , ty.
There's no need to clean it now.
Any more spam on this topic will be deleted from now on, please guys, only post subject-related content. Thank you.

18Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:20 am

shadowfox18

shadowfox18
Houseless
Houseless
youre alright. i like it. Very Happy

19Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:23 am

~Grapha~

~Grapha~
Houseless
Houseless
very helpful thanks Very Happy

20Missing the timing. Empty Re: Missing the timing. Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:27 am

HiraiHusband

HiraiHusband
Houseless
Houseless
however cannot use it's effect because there is already a chain going on which cannot be broken.
there's another scenario where the effect can't be activated because there's still summoning procedure that can't be interrupted by trigger effects.

for example chain forbidden lance to the SUMMON of light pulsar dragon , NOT while its face up on the field but to the summon and if no response from opponent you can then chain your torrential tribute because you are still in summoning window the condition of summoning a monster is still being met.

You can't chain to a summon.
if you activate lance in response to light pulsar dragon's summon, it's activated in the summoning response window, after the monster is summoned and it's already face-up on the field. unless you open the summoning negation window with summoning negater card like Royal Oppression or Thunder King Rai-Oh's effect.
if you activate lance in response to light pulsar dragon's summon, it's activated in the summoning response window, after the monster is summoned and it's already face-up on the field. unless you open the summoning negation window with summoning negater card like Royal Oppression or Thunder King Rai-Oh's effect.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum