Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Aurora, Colorado Movie Theater Massacre Empty Aurora, Colorado Movie Theater Massacre Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 am

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Aurora, Colorado Movie Theater Massacre Oqkexk
Maria Davila holds her daughter Alexia, 9, during a candle-light vigil, Friday, July 20, 2012, in Aurora, Colo., across the street from the movie theater where a gunman killed at least 12 people and wounded dozens of others Friday in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

(Tad late but I really want to discuss this)

Most of you have probably heard of the recent mass shooting inside a theater in Colorado, during the premier of the new Batman film. Fifteen minutes into the movie, witnesses say they spotted a man emerge from behind the screen, cover the place in smoke, and raise a shotgun in the air. At first, they thought it was a stunt by the theater but it was soon realized that it was no prop once the gunman shot into the air and proceeded to aim his gun at people in the audience.

12 people were killed and 58 were left wounded after the shooting. The suspected gunman is a 24 year old man named, James Eagan Holmes. He was soon arrested and brought into custody. Police say he claimed he was The Joker, one of the main villains of the Batman franchise.

The odd thing is, he was educated and grew up in a quiet, suburban neighborhood. Always kept to himself and was rather normal according to neighbors and friends. He was studying for a PhD in Neuroscience. So what caused him to all of a sudden go ballistic and murder 12 people?

What do you guys think made him snap like this? Is there really too much violence in movies? People claim it's giving society members too many ideas. And lastly, does this strike enough fear into you to think twice about going to the movies or any largely populated area after this ?

Last edited by Jimi on Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:51 am; edited 2 times in total

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
well society can make even the smartest and the most likely people to not do something like this do stuff. it could only take one thing to set them off. if something bad enough happened to myself and altered my way of thinking i would be susceptible to the same or similar thing.

https://www.youtube.com/Garyrulz123

Maximillion Pegasus

Maximillion Pegasus
Jimi wrote:
Aurora, Colorado Movie Theater Massacre Oqkexk
Maria Davila holds her daughter Alexia, 9, during a candle-light vigil, Friday, July 20, 2012, in Aurora, Colo., across the street from the movie theater where a gunman killed at least 12 people and wounded dozens of others Friday in one of the deadliest mass shootings in recent U.S. history. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

(Tad late but I really want to discuss this)

Most of you have probably heard of the recent mass shooting inside a theater in Colorado, during the premier of the new Batman film. Fifteen minutes into the movie, witnesses say they spotted a man emerge from behind the screen, cover the place in smoke, and raise a shotgun in the air. At first, they thought it was a stunt by the theater but it was soon realized that it was no prop once the gunman shot into the air and proceeded to aim his gun at people in the audience.

12 people were killed and 58 were left wounded after the shooting. The suspected gunman is a 24 year old man named, James Eagan Holmes. He was soon arrested and brought into custody. Police say he claimed he was The Joker, one of the main villains of the Batman franchise.

The odd thing is, he was educated and grew up in a quiet, suburban neighborhood. Always kept to himself and was rather normal according to neighbors and friends. He was studying for a PhD in Neuroscience. So what caused him to all of a sudden go ballistic and murder 12 people?

What do you guys think made him snap like this? Is there really too much violence in movies? People claim it's giving too many society members too many ideas. And lastly, does this strike enough fear into you to think twice about going to the moviesor any largely populated area after this ?

I think James did this for fame, I don't think he just "snapped" or else he would have picked a different setting. Picking a movie theatre seems too well planned. The people that were in the theatre will ever forget what they saw that night, which is exactly why I think James did it. I won't be impacted at all by this, and I wouldn't avoid heavily populated areas.

Fluffytots

Fluffytots
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
i think its absolutely digusting of what this james guy did. who would ever do such a thing. its happened before and why it happens again i don't know. just glad i live in new york and also they gotta disarm the bomb he rigged in his apartment

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
It's crazy.
When you go to the movies, you don't want to have something like this stuck in the back of your head, the possibility of this being where you last lived, this is what James has done to people.
As Dex has said, I'm almost completely sure this was just for the fame aspect, and he obviously planned this out for a while. James was quoted by one of the Police Officers that apprehended him, saying that James called himself the "Joker".
It was opening night of one of the most anticipated movies of the entire year, a series of movies that do scenes much like this, where a Villain causes chaos, havoc, destruction, and kills many people through his path.
One of the things that just make me sick to my stomach about this, is that according to several of the surviving crowd members, after James had already unloaded heavy fire, tear gas canisters, and placed horror into everybody there, he walked out of the theater, and waited outside of the exists, only to attempt and kill anybody leaving the theater.

And no, I don't think there is to much violence in movies. You cannot blame a movie for actions like these. It's like the saying of "Guns don't kill people, People kill people."

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
It definitely ruined the experience for me. The entire time I was thinking about this today while I sat in the theater. There was an Usher walking up and down the stairs every hour or so which made me feel a little but uneasy but kinda safe. He definitely did it for fame and I hate that they keep plastering his picture all over the news and showing footage of him. That's what he wants. They need to stop with all of that. That's the last thing families want to look at right now.

Fluffytots

Fluffytots
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
seriously now i don't wanna go to a movie theatere I'm scared this will happen

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Fluffytots wrote:seriously now i don't wanna go to a movie theatere I'm scared this will happen

That's understandable, but you can't live your life in fear. Things happen and something of this magnitude is a really rare occurrence.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]