Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

1Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Dracossack KILLER! Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:38 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
First topic message reminder :

My fellow YGO forum friends, with the help of YouTube, I discovered a VERY useful card to combat the infamous Dracossack!

Reptilianne Vaskii:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Reptilianne_Vaskii

Dark, Lvl 8
ATK/2600 DEF/0

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 2 face-up monsters with 0 ATK from anywhere on the field. Once per turn, you can select and destroy 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. There can only be 1 face-up "Reptilianne Vaskii" on the field.

This card is the bees knees against a first turn Dracossack if you manage to have one in your opening hand. Well, it's good at any time they have Dracossack out, but usually the go first turn with it, and will give you amazing advantage first turn since it costs nothing for you to play. Tribute the tokens, pop Dracossack, then if you're playing E-Dragons yourself or Mermails, OTK the sh*t out of them. That extra 2600 ATK on board is a HUGE contribution as well, allowing an OTK to be even more viable.

Unfortunately it is a terrible main deck card, and if you are going first round 2 and side it, you might not get such a chance to sack their dracossack since they might be expecting it if they know of it, or if they simply want to OTK you. Choosing to go 2nd if you lost round 1 though, might actually be a viable option.

26Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
wauwi wrote:sry just read it up on the wikia, my bad. (bad wauwi)

you still can tribute a token tho.
To do what? The only cards your opponent is gonna control are gonna be tokens 90% of the time.

27Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:35 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
Syrufit wrote:

To do what? The only cards your opponent is gonna control are gonna be tokens 90% of the time.

destroy dracossack lol.

...just to get another one + 1391083091 other rank 7's thrown at 'ya...*sigh* e-drags, whoever created you must be loling really hard right now.

we drifted away from the topic btw. (thanks to my stupidity for not knowing the exact card text i guess)

where we stopped at? ah right, cyber dragon+chimeratech fortress is 100 times better then vaskii against dracossack (and any other machine-type). :P

28Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:37 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
wauwi wrote:
Syrufit wrote:

destroy dracossack lol.

...just to get another one + 1391083091 other rank 7's thrown at 'ya...*sigh* e-drags, whoever created you must be loling really hard right now.

we drifted away from the topic btw. (thanks to my stupidity for not knowing the exact card text i guess)
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 2 "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.

Sorry but the knowledge you have about Dracossack just made your whole argument invalid.

29Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
oh my where i have my thoughts today. :whattheshaft:
another reason why YGOPro > DN...i'd make myself an idiot all~ the time.

i could easely face-save myself, but that would spoil too much personal information about me.

my arguments are still not destroyed (except the mind control one, obviously.)

30Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
wauwi wrote:oh my where i have my thoughts today. :whattheshaft:
another reason why YGOPro > DN...i'd make myself an idiot all~ the time.

i could easely face-save myself, but that would spoil too much personal information about me.

my arguments are still not destroyed (except the mind control one, obviously.)
They are, I just proved you wrong in almost everything you said in your previous posts. You just need to read more carefully.

Btw,

Monster Tokens cannot be sent to the Graveyard, since they disappear when they are removed from the field. Thus, they cannot be sent to the Graveyard as a Fusion Material Monster to Special Summon "Chimeratech Fortress Dragon".[8]
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Chimeratech_Fortress_Dragon

31Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:15 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
so we're talking OCG on here. (to hell with TCG...why it even exists in the first place? not sarcasm btw)

i just saw that too but dracossack is still gone.
and cyber dragon is way more versatile than vaskii.

if there is a big possibility of a card being useless when drawing it, then it's not worth it.

it is a fun card to use against e-drags, indeed but just that, nothing competetive.

sorry, you can't change my point of view...i can't do the same to you unfortunately...i LOVE vaskii and any reptillianes, but he/she just isn't useful unless in a reptilianne deck.
dracossack is not that much of a broken card to even think about siding/maining a card ONLY to counter it, it's those e-drags who make it seem like one.

however, if your deck got other reptiles, like kagetokage and that rank4 reptile-searcher XYZ, or similiar support for reptiles, 0ATK or level 8 (for example: trade-in, ojama trio, tragoedia or "insert any level 8 and or reptile support here"), then he might actually be worth a side-deck space or even a nice choice for your main-deck.

my point is: vaskii alone to counter one, i repeat ONE card only? nope.

32Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:30 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
We're not talking OCG. The Wikia simply lists it as an OCG ruling but it's the same as the TCG one.
There rarely are rulings that are different from OCG in TCG.

33Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:37 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
well, in the TCG, vaskii would be a bit better, since he/she still could destroy dracossack even if a BTH is activated.

wait, does the TCG still got that priority rule?

aaaaand we're off-topic again.

34Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:37 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
No it doesn't, it was removed 3 formats ago I think.

35Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Priority was gone in 2011, you be a bit behind :P

wauwi wrote:my point is: vaskii alone to counter one, i repeat ONE card only? nope.

Ok, maybe we need to breakdown a few things here.

Point of the side-deck:
Increase ability/chance to counter the metagame.

Prevent the metagame from countering you.

Those would be your main reasons for using a side deck. You might also want to add a few rogue staples not seen in the meta to be prepared for rogue deck matchups.

Our second objective now is to define what exactly are we siding for, or in other words, what is the metagame?

At the moment, everyone can agree that our most threatening match ups would be E-Dragons and Spellbooks. They are easily the top 2 decks, with verz most likely being 3rd best. Not many people will be playing mermail anymore if they even still are. Soon people will realize they just can't keep up with E-Drags and Spellbooks.

What other threats are there outside of E-Drags and Spellbooks? If you're playing a deck that is at all competitive in this format, There really isn't many huge threats besides those two decks and Ophion(I state that assuming Verz really isn't that good without their Ophion/XYZ plays because to be honest, I don't believe they are).

E-Dragons are honestly one of the most broken decks we've seen in awhile, and if you ever played with or against e-dragons enough, and I mean at least have had 10 duels with them, you'd know that Draccosack is their MVP. If you let them have their Draccosack on board for too long, they'll win. Even in general, against E-Drags and Spellbooks, the first 3 turns are ESSENTIAL. If you don't have control of the game by then, you don't have a good chance.

Whats the best way of getting control within those 3 turns? Either win before them, or keep up with their card advantage. Vaskii supports both of those methods against E-Drags, while compuls, veiler, or any traditional trap card does neither of those things.

Having a side deck card to counter that ONE, VERY vital card that wins games I'd say is completely worth it.

36Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
For the record:
there's a guy in a war against my DNF team who sides Vaskii. He dueled 4 times (using Evilswarm). Vaskii won him 2 of his 3 won matches. I can post a link for proof.

37Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:02 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
well, maybe i'm too pessimistic about vaskii...of course i am with my "luck".
i'm used to duality 3 jains, draw 3 necro gardnas in the starting hand and mill 3 judgement dragons in a row...almost every duel.

so i'd never draw a vaskii when a dracossack is on the field.

and thanks, your flawless logic made me side 3 ookazis/poisons.
half the time i get e-drags to below 1000LP before they're abusing my "dark hole".

but seriously, you can destroy one million dracossacks and e-dragons still laughing at you while steamrolling through everything you put in their way, unless you got ophion, shock master (both first turned or after a world destroyer) or spellbooks.
they got 2 drawing cards 3 times each - one of them usually let you draw 4 at the end phase, the other one let you draw 2 and let your search for a dragon of the attribute that you banished and on top of that 3 double searchers (gold sarco).
if rejuvenation doesn't get banned and the other 2 limited, then i don't even know anymore.

but hey, you can play the game the way you want...i like that vaskii idea really and i'm glad that not all YGO-players one here follow the standarts strictly, also i'm sure that one will result in a RQ here and then if 'ya lucky, but the past months back into the game made me realize one thing: my beloved "off-the-rails" playstyle is not even competetive against tier3 decks anymore.
maybe i just suck THAT hard...idk :/

oh god i didn't just became one of these "i duel like pojo is telling me to duel" guys? O.o

38Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 am

TDS

TDS
Wanna beat e-drags? use spellbooks or counter with e-drags Vaskii wont help one bit unless your playing vs Phantom beastcrafts cuz well how can I put it if you draw it first turn it would just be a dead draw if there are no 0 atk's so just move on and keep using teh meta :P

39Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:01 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
the dark shadow wrote:Wanna beat e-drags? use spellbooks or counter with e-drags Vaskii wont help one bit unless your playing vs Phantom beastcrafts cuz well how can I put it if you draw it first turn it would just be a dead draw if there are no 0 atk's so just move on and keep using teh meta :P

I refuse to play decks I don't enjoy playing, simply so I can win. If I can't have fun winning, then I'd rather lose. Also, if you're skilled enough you don't need to play tier 1 decks to beat tier 1 decks as long as your opponent isn't on equal or greater skill level. So I'll stick to my shtty non-competitive decks :P 

40Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:32 pm

TDS

TDS
Non competitive aint shitty many decks can beat e-drags or books if they start first.

41Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:10 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
any deck can beat any other deck if ya get lucky, obviously. but meta is meta for a reason though, if you aren't playing tier 1 decks you're playing less good, shttier decks.

42Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:31 pm

XxDustxFlarexX

XxDustxFlarexX
Houseless
Houseless
I'm too lazy to read through the thread, but Vaskii is only good in Reptile Gadgets. Its a searchable out to Dracossack, and is simple as that. The reason its good is, if you go second and they make Dracossack 1st turn, you Xyz for Feral Imp, search Vaskii, Special Vaskii, destroy your opponent's field, and then hit for 4900. In this situation, not only do you end up with 5 in hand and a Vaskii and Imp on Field, it requires only Double Summon/Kagetokage/Tin Goldfish and another Level 4. You then are able to set backrow which should provide enough to hold off your opponent from doing much next turn, which you then have game.

43Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:46 pm

TDS

TDS
Wow Dust if you open in such a god hand then maybe your theory would work but guess what you dont lol the shuffler hates us it just does >_>.

44Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:57 pm

XxDustxFlarexX

XxDustxFlarexX
Houseless
Houseless
The hand requires you to open 2 cards, both of which are 1/4 of your deck when playing Gadgets. Vaskii is not a good side deck candidate in any deck except Gadgets, but its not hard at all to open 2 cards when you run 9+ of each of them, technically. Its not a god hand when there is a 70.78% chance of you opening said hand, considering you run 3 Kagetokage, 3 Double Summon, 3 Tinplate, at least 2 of each Gadget, and 3 Gearframe.

45Dracossack KILLER! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dracossack KILLER! Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:51 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
woah, some people actually share my opinion. Very Happy

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum