Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Peroxide.

Peroxide.
Houseless
Houseless
[Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Toon World Academy

The Official Roleplay.
Rated M for the Mature audiences.

MAIN INFO
Name: Toon World Academy
Based Upon: The Yu-Gi-Oh! Series, by Kazuki Takahashi
Rating: M
Spots: Unlimited
Game Master: Peroxide.
Theme Song: youtube.com/watch?v=XRf5XKeo-DQ
Official Etherpad: etherpad.mozilla.org/LM7fc3esoM
Wiki Page: twa.wikia.com

PRELUDE
A while ago, a new tabletop game was introduced by Industrial Illusions; it was Duel Monsters. And ever since its initial release it's been the most successful game of all, up to the point where it has pretty much shaped most of society as it keeps getting bigger and bigger. Nowadays everyone can have access to the game, so much that actual schools were founded to teach everything about the game to those that aspire to become professionals.

This began with the foundation of Duel Academy and, after a year or so, the North Academy. But at this point in time there are schools all around the world, with their own things that make them special from one another.

TODAY
The year is 2014, on a certain day of a certain week and of a certain month. Today just so happens that it's that time of the year when people leave to such schools. It just so happens you are one of those people. At some point you decided to attend the admission exams that were held in Domino City, and you managed to go thru both the practical and theoretic test in your won way. You may have passed both with flying colors, or perhaps it was just luck that allowed you to somehow pass them. Whatever the case you were accepted into the Academy. And today you have arrived to Domino Pier, awaiting the ship that will take you to your new home for the next three years.

Toon World Academy.

THE ACADEMY
Located somewhere off the coast of Japan. It was once known as Kingdom Island, and it was the set for the Duelist Kingdom, a Toonament housed by Maximillion Pegasus himself around 1997. As of now it has changed so much that it no longer resembles its former self. The ovarial layout has changed a lot, and that's why I will do my best to illustrate the many corners of the island below:

Names & PlacesDOCKThere really isn't much to this place, it's a nice, wooden deck where a ship arrives every once in a while with new batches of students, large or small. The dock connects to the Woodlands.WOODLANDSThe beautiful scenery of this forest area is only compared to the symphony of noises the birds make within. The woodlands cover most part of the island, but have several clearing of different sizes at numerous points - such as the clearing where each dorm is located at, or the one where the academy building is -. They are also connected by easily noticeable trails of ground. The woodlands connect to the academy buildingsACADEMY BUILDINGSThis is where the learning stuff happened. Where there are books, and you learn s***. Y'know, all that crap. The buildings are located in numerous places, all around the foot of the mountain that once housed Pegasus' castle. I can't tell you why it's no longer there for plot reasons. I can, however, tell you that it may or may not had exploded.It is split in multiple buildings, but all rare conveniently close to each other. The main - and largest - building, of a futuristic design and shining colors, is where the offices of staff are located, as well as the teacher's lounge, library, card shop, cafeteria and so on, while the rest of the buildings devote themselves to housing classrooms. More information on the school buildings is to be given once the first school day begins.DORMITORIESPegasus Elite Dorm"These members are the best of the best. This dorm is invitation only."A dorm for the elite, and nothing but the elite. It is located at a perfect distance between the academy building and shores, so that neither are too close or too far from it. It is the largest, most spacious dorm, and the one with less members. Every year, Pegasus himself handpicks those who are the best on the Academy and gives them the chance to join this prestigious dorm. Pegasus Elite's Mascot is Relinquished. No user can sign-up as a Pegasus Elite without my previous permission. There is a chance a character is given the chance to join this dorm at some point in the story!Shining Blue Dorm"These duelists are very skilled with rulings, and understand the mechanics of the game very well. Shining dorm's mascot is Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon."Members of this dorm are quite skilled in most fields pertaining to the game, and are great assets to the Academy, having aced thru both admission tests with flying colors.Kingdom Yellow Dorm"These duelists have skill, but are not quite Shining Blue material, usually because they don't have the experience. Kingdom Yellow's mascot is Toon Dark Magician girl."They are okay for the academy. Skilled and all, but they're overall "decent" most of time. They have skills within several aspects of the game, but not quite enough to belong to Shining Blue.Shadow Purple Dorm"These duelists are the lowest rank but show promise and potential. Shadow dorm's mascot is Toon Summoned Skull."As the title caption phrase thingy just said, these students don't have the highest of grades, but they are knowledgeable of the game nonetheless.SHORESBeautiful sandy cloaks that surround the island. The shores are a peaceful place where one can rest their mind with the relaxing sound of waves and the damp, salty air abound.INDUSTRIAL ILLUSIONS HQBecause, at the end of the day, this is still where Industrial Illusions [from now on: I.I.] is located. Its precise whereabouts are something that only the I.I. staff and some other authorities within the academy are aware off, and it is prohibited that students access the HQ - should they even know where it is at - without permission from Pegasus Himself. This is where Duel Monsters is created, where new cards are fabricated, and where Maximillion Pegasus himself has set his offices. It is rumored to be located outside the island, because there seem to be no signs of it being on any place of the isle.

Names & FacesWhere all characters and their roles are to be listed. This includes characters of those users who join and NPCs alike.AdministratorsContrary to other academies being run by a single person, Toon World Academy is directed by a team of collaborative minds called the "Administrators", and their word is law on any given subject.---I.I StaffAs said before, the I.I. Staff sometimes pays a visit or two to the academy. And whenever they do, they shall be listed here:---ModeratorsKind of like hall monitors. Sorta. They have power to enforce all around the island and their task is to regulate good behavior around it.---TeachersThose in charge of making you learn stuff, whether you like it or not.---Pegasus Elite---Shining Blue---Kingdom Yellow---Shadow Purple---

MECHANICS
As it was previously mentioned the year as of the start of this RP is 2014. We are setting our story within the world of Yu-Gi-Oh!, except that some things are to be noted about our locatio in time.

Firsfully, all events surrounding the seconds series (Duel Monsters) occurred as-is, meaning Yugi Muto holds the current title of King of Games. All events with Generation X (GX) did in fact occurr as well, however, and because of plot reasons, the students forgot everything that took place at it that is considered... unusual (also read as: Yubel, Duel Spirits and so on). This does not apply to the main cast of it, but none of them decided to talk much about what happened in the Academy after graduation, so no one else knows about the 12 Dimensions or somesuch!

It is assumed Zero Reverse never occurred, and neither did technology advance as much as it is portrayed within ZEXAL. Instead, it is just our world, with Duel Monsters and the like being added to it. Duel Disks are still the elected way of handling duels, with the ocassional mat being used as well.

Duel Monsters was not that much of a big deal in previous years with the story, but it is something that slowly and eventually achieved global importance simply because of how everyone eventually got into it. Granted, not everyone has a deck, and not everyone likes the game, but is is safe to assume that even President Obama has a deck of his own. Maybe.

We are to set a defined plot at all times. The whole school-thing could be considered as a secondary plot of sorts, if you may, as learning stuff is not the main focus of the RP. In fact, it is developing our characters that is of most importance as they achieve their own dreams. Just because there are card games, it does not entail they cannot follow dreams such as, say, becoming lawyers, scientists or somesuch.

The school is in fact centered around learning to play the game, but not all classes are based around it. There are other assignments that are indispensable for any person such as Math and P.E. There are also clubs and optional classes centered on other subjects, but these, as well as the class list, are to revealed as the RP goes on and students attend classes.

Yes, you do have to attend classes, but you do not have to make a novel out of a lesson on Spell Speed 1. Classes are to be short, so that your character can wander around the island most of the time.

On that same note, if no plot-related events are going on at the time, then you are allowed and encouraged to wander around the island, purchasing cards, dueling students (RPed and NPCs alike) or just derping around.

The currency is the same as within this site: Toon Coins. You are given 100 Toon Coins in an event that will happen shortly after the Roleplay begins, and can rank them up in various ways, such as dueling or even attending your classes. They are actual coins, so do not go loosing them around! You can also say your character got some TC off-screen whenever you want, but be reasonable: you cannot just go around obtaining 10000 TC between each of your posts! The cost of products such as booster packs and available products and services within the academy is also to be specified when the RP begins.

Finally, there is no limit to how many decks or cards your character can own and carry around at once. However, you must give them a good reason if you want to have them carry them all at once (with some sort of container serving as their trunk of whatnot).

Duels have all their respective ruling applied, as do the cards involved within them.

And lastly, Xyz and Synchro monsters, as well as all cards released up to date, are available for you to have. We just go under the assumption that Momentum will not suddenly kill everything and that Xyz monsters will not begin an interdimensional war :D Numbers do exist, but no events revolving around them from the Anime have happened.

We are also under the assumption that cards that have been said to be very rare within the Anime still are. This is to say there are only three copies of Blue-Eyes White Dragon and the like.

... Just do not go all meta on us. It will not be much fun if everyone who joins uses Fire Fists T3T And as a final note, be reasonable when building a deck for your character, you are playing within a Roleplay, not a Championship, so there is no need for OTK Decks, as you can slowly build them as time goies on o3o

RULES

1. All of Toon World Academy's rules apply, as well as those that pertain to the Roleplay Section.
  2. We will follow the current forbidden/limited listings during the course of this Roleplay, because it is set on this very same year, so... o3o The current forbidden/limited list is the one of January 2014.
  3. You are entitled to control up to 3 characters at once (two students, and one teacher/moderator/I.I./admin). You, however, need to keep all your characters active or just drop 'em out.
  4. On that note, you're not limited to join for a character that has your same rank. For example, I'm a Shadow Purple member, but that doesn't stop me from signing-up as, say, a Shining Blue character!
  5. All interactions are handled accordingly to their duration. Short interactions can do with a post by each part that participates. However, a long interaction - such as a long conversation, a duel or somesuch - will require to be handled by way of joint posts. Joint Posts are a single post that is written by two or more users, and they can be typed either by messaging or with a chat system from some page, such as Skype, or Etherpad.
  6. I can only have so many characters with evil intentions! So try to be a regular folk that doesn't try to destroy the world unless you can convince me to let you do otherwise!
  7. Anime cards, as well as custom ones, are indeed allowed and even encouraged to be used! Do mind that using such cards in the RP require that you proxy them on Dueling Network (as in, using their effects instead of a card your own deck has), or install them with YGOPro's Card Packer.
  8. I do not ask for a post every two seconds, but posting once a week seems ideal, do you not agree? Should you go without posting for a considerable period of time then I shall send you a message regarding the subject. I most certainly can undestand when real-life gets on the way so please let me know whenever/if you will be unable to accomplish a post. Failure to explain why you are not posting will eventually result in your character being dropped out of the RP. However, you can always take back where you left and rejoin as them, as long as you promise to be active.
  9. All Deck Recipes will be thoroughly examined by the GM. You'll notice this especially if I tell you you need to take something out, or if I point out a particular abuse on the "any anime card/any custom card" rule. Granted, there are no limits as to what your deck can have, but that doesn't mean you can just place 3 copies of Ragnarok within your every deck.
  10. As mentioned before, the rating is M. Some blood, gore and romance is allowed. Emphasis on some, and also on gore. Yes, you can have your intricate backgrounds and character development. Go nuts with that. Just don't be too descriptive. We don't need no users throwing up their lunch with every post that is made, do we?

SIGNING UP
Also known as that one part you have been waiting to read since you saw the title. Joining is quite simply, really, and requires you to fill a few fields when creating your character o3o

Name: First and last name shall suffice. Additional names/last names, as well as nicknames, are allowed but not necessary. Just name them something logic. No parent would ever name their child Kitsune Armagdedon Valkyria de Dragonsteel.
Gender: Male, Female, Canadian or otherwise. Do let me knwo if your character is... special.
Appearance: How they look regarding their body, build, skin, face, height, weight and anything else you can think of. 4 lines minimum.
Personality:How they act and react within their everyday basis. Qualities, quirks and... ahem... defects, are to be allocated here with whatever else you can think of that fits here. 6 lines minimum. Also, this is what I consider the most important part of the SU, so do put some effort into it!
History: Any and all noteworthy events of their life so far. Who they know, who they grew up with, and all that jazz. You do not need to have a tragic, heart-breaking background, even a regular dude can make up for an epic character! 6 lines minimum.
Deck Recipe: Split in Main Deck, and then Extra Deck and Side Deck if you wish to have them, though only the first is required. 40 to 60 cards in the Main Deck! Please split them in Monster, Spells, Traps and the like, speify the total amount of cards and how many copies you have of each. If you are using custom cards you need to add all their info (name, type, effects and such). And do provide full names with their correct spelling, just in case I need to look a card up. Also, please specify which cards are custom/anime-exclusive, if any!

And that is all there is to this Roleplay. I apologize for the long read, but I needed to type this much for the RP to be understandable. Also, If you have any doubts or concerns, do ask them and I shall gladly reply! - Peroxide, out :D

Last edited by Peroxide. on Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

faervel

faervel
Administrator
Administrator
So there's no limit to the number of custom cards we can add to deck?

Peroxide.

Peroxide.
Houseless
Houseless
faervel wrote:So there's no limit to the number of custom cards we can add to deck?

Not at all :D So you can go nuts as long as you don't break the game more than it already is o3o

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Peroxide. wrote:
faervel wrote:So you can go nuts as long as you don't break the game more than it already is o3o

So basically make whatever your heart desires.
I mean really, with the game being as it is the conditions are impossible to break.

Skitoritto

Skitoritto
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Peroxide , I think it would be good for you to first approve the "made up cards".
As many users are going to abuse it :s.

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Also please try to keep the "M" rating along with the Forum rules.

Peroxide.

Peroxide.
Houseless
Houseless
Skitoritto wrote:Peroxide , I think it would be good for you to first approve the "made up cards".
As many users are going to abuse it :s.

Well I'm going to go thru every character's deck list to ensure it's not abusing everything that can be abused regardless of anime/custom card in there or not, but I should probably add that somewhere to the first post~

Syrufit wrote:Also please try to keep the "M" rating along with the Forum rules.

The M Rating is there to allow for more detailed backgrounds and more interesting character development, not because I felt like adding swears, drugs and guns (more guns) to the franchise :P So you can be sure I won't turn Yu-Gi-Oh into Grand Theft Auto anytime soon o3o

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum