Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TWA Duel Spirits Empty TWA Duel Spirits Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Maximillion Pegasus

Maximillion Pegasus
In this topic I will explain what Duel Spirits are, and how you can duel other TWA members with them.

Duel Sprits are certain monster cards who made their debute in the YuGiOh! second series anime. These cards are not normal monsters cards, since they are not cards in your deck, but cards that remain next to you the whole duel. Every duelist can only have one Duel Spirits at the same time in a duel. This Duel Spirits will help you with it's special effect during the whole duel. This effect varies from powering up your own cards, to destroying your opponent's cards, depending on which DS you choose to duel with.
DN currently has no Duel Spirit system, so that is why TWA created it's own text-bases Duel Spirit system. This enables you to duel with Duel Spirit. You probably wonder how this works, so that is what I will explain right now.

TWA has used some current existing monster cards, and gave them new effect for when you choose them as your Duel Spirit. This is entirely text-based, so you'll have to imagine a new text on existing cards. These texts are described here, in TWA, so it is adviced to look at your own, and your opponent's DS's before you duel, so that you know what the possibilities within the duel are. In the TWA Duel Spirit guide you can find links to all the DS's and their effects.

Now comes the more technical part of the system, where I describe how you must use your DS when you're dueling:
When you start your DS duel, both you and your opponent special summon on your side of the field the monster card that is your Duel Spirit.
On every Duel Spirit is described when you can activate it's effect(s), and how many times you can do this during the duel. Because your DS now has a new effect created by TWA, you'll have to ignore it's original effect. The DS effect replaces the text that was original on the card.

I hope that everyone understands this.
If there are any questions, please post them here.

Last edited by Dexter on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

2TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:19 am

Phraxure

Phraxure
Houseless
Houseless
I think I've got the hang of it now. Thanks Dex.

Never heard of this concept before but I really like it, will be a big risk to summon your duel spirit, if he dies, it's game over for you.

3TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:38 am

Implying

Implying
Houseless
Houseless
I assume there would be nerfs on haveing certain Deck masters eff's such as JD or DaD
seems like have an eff to blow up the field on command or rfg some darks to pop cards would be a bit over powered

also was curious as to such cards would work if they increased attack power such as dark crusader or chario the magicial swordsman

https://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Implyingdn/

4TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:54 am

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Implying wrote:I assume there would be nerfs on haveing certain Deck masters eff's such as JD or DaD
seems like have an eff to blow up the field on command or rfg some darks to pop cards would be a bit over powered

also was curious as to such cards would work if they increased attack power such as dark crusader or chario the magicial swordsman
I think there will be nerfs. Otherwise everybody will end up using the same OP Deck Masters. Or, maybe, make the OP ones expensive? I dunno.

5TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Implying

Implying
Houseless
Houseless
In any case i'd also like to know if OCG DM's Are allowd cause then i'd love to have Junon as mine <3

https://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w442/Implyingdn/

6TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:51 pm

Maximillion Pegasus

Maximillion Pegasus
I've listed all the Duel Spirits you can use in the Duel Spirit Gallery. JK and high attack cards will not be used for Duel Spirits.

7TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Dex♥ wrote:I've listed all the Duel Spirits you can use in the Duel Spirit Gallery. JK and high attack cards will not be used for Duel Spirits.
That's good. I'll check the DS gallery right now, since I haven't checked it yet.

8TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
How would you use TGU's (if she was one) effect when it's banished?

9TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:14 am

RAI

RAI
Houseless
Houseless
what will happen if i draw it in the first draw ?

can i still banish it ? and if i do , will i draw a card instead of it ?

10TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:39 am

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
You banish it and draw another card

11TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:53 am

yusei512

yusei512
Houseless
Houseless
how do i get a duel spirit? i would like to know how to get it cause i would love to have one

12TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:56 pm

Exiled

Exiled
Houseless
Houseless
Buy them in the Spirit Shop HERE

13TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:38 pm

Anonymous
Can we have our own duel spirit?

14TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:43 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Industrial Illusion Leader
Industrial Illusion Leader
Nope Sorry must win the duel spirit competition.

You can buy one though

15TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:37 pm

Anonymous
Okay thank you Very Happy

16TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Wynchester

Wynchester
Houseless
Houseless
I'm sorry... but this is a disgrace to Deck Masters... it was a valiant effort, but when you use a Deck Master Effect, it usually has some semblence to it's regular effect.

Maybe you should look at the original Deck Masters for examples? I could make a list of DMs that are balanced and useful.

17TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:24 pm

Shane

Shane
Administrator
Administrator
Wynchester wrote:I'm sorry... but this is a disgrace to Deck Masters... it was a valiant effort, but when you use a Deck Master Effect, it usually has some semblence to it's regular effect.

Maybe you should look at the original Deck Masters for examples? I could make a list of DMs that are balanced and useful.

We've only made a few new Duel Spirits, the rest have been made from competitions that the community participates in. Nobody likes to use them these days, but it's nice to have them on our profiles.

http://www.toonworldacademy.net

18TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:56 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Wynchester wrote:I'm sorry... but this is a disgrace to Deck Masters... it was a valiant effort, but when you use a Deck Master Effect, it usually has some semblence to it's regular effect.

From what I can tell, the effects seem to have a degree of similarity to the original cards.

Also + what Dexy said, we didn't write any of the ones made by the community.

We bear no responsibility for the inaccuracy of the DM's effect.

19TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:44 pm

DerpyTheViking

DerpyTheViking
Houseless
Houseless
Kuriboh!!! <3

20TWA Duel Spirits Empty Re: TWA Duel Spirits Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:04 am

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
I appreciate the enthusiasm, but avoid spamming please.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum