Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Classy

Classy
Houseless
Houseless
Ive been using them recently and im finding it bit too easy to win...

Lets take Earthbound Immortial Chachu Challhua for example:

There can only be 1 face-up "Earthbound Immortal" monster on the field. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card. Your opponent cannot select this card as an attack target. This card can attack your opponent directly. While this card is in face-up Defense Position, your opponent cannot conduct their Battle Phase. Once per turn, you can inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the DEF of this card. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is used.

If you combine this with safe zone, chances are; it wont be destroyed. Plus it has the effect that if it is in defense your opponent loses 1200 a turn.

They also can attack directly.

While the drawbacks are:

■Any given player can only control 1 "Earthbound Immortal" at a time - and
■an "Earthbound Immortal" will immediately destroy itself when no Field Spell Card is in play.

I find those no problem. I dont have a field spell? Stall with spirit reaper/marshmallon

So reading this, do you think these cards a bit overpowered?

2Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Hmm... they could be if used in the right way, and with a bit more support. Kinda like Malefics.

That's a good stall card but what are the odds of getting a field spell, 2 tributes, Safe Zone and Chacu Challhua?

3Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Classy

Classy
Houseless
Houseless
I use 3 terraformings and 3 MOTE's easy to get those out

4Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
What's your W/L with that deck?
I'd like to make an Earthbound Immortal deck too. Sounds fun to play.

5Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
When the seal of Orichalcos comes out, I see them becoming very popular, depending on card text.

6Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
No, they are not at all.

7Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
I think they're pretty strong just by reading the cards. Do you use Field Barrier to protect your fields?

8Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:38 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Oz wrote:No, they are not at all.
Powerful yes, overpowered no.

Once they're on the field they're stubborn about staying there since you can't kill them by most normal means, and with the fact that they can hop over your monsters and hit you directly, but they're far from overpowered.

9Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
I agree with Ehero.
Some overpowered/broken cards are:
Rescue Rabbit
Zenmaity
BLS
Judgment Dragon
REDMD.
And the list goes on. Very Happy

10Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Syrufit wrote:I agree with Ehero.
Some overpowered/broken cards are:
Rescue Rabbit
Zenmaity
BLS
Judgment Dragon
REDMD.
And the list goes on. Very Happy
Rescue Rabbit is meh.

Try using it without Xyzs.

Zenmaity is okay by himself, with 2 buddys and a Hunter that's when the hell breaks loose. :l

BLS is meh. Extremely powerful, borderline overpowered, maybe crossing the line some, but is counterable.

Judgement Dragon is overpowered. :/
throw it onto field, no cost, just have to have LS's in grave (not incredibly difficult considering the archtype), you pay 1k, nuke your opponent's field and any useless cards on your field, then spam/kill.

11Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
I use MST :3

12Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:53 pm

Germanfan23

Germanfan23
Houseless
Houseless
they are not op :<

13Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:47 am

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
lol Chachu isn't the broken one. Build the deck around Aslla Piscu with Future Visions. Wipes your opponent's monster right out. Also a good play if you're in a tight situation is Masuoleum, pay 2000 to bring out Ccarayhua, then use tribute to the doomed on it to nuke the field. for discard fodder, run dandylion, D-HERO Malicious, spore, plaguespreader zombie, and necro gardna.

14Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:39 am

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
definitly not OP. not yet anyways lol. just gotta find a way to break them. and who know u might have. but i cant see a deck based on tribute summoning monsters that require 2 tributes to ever really be OP in todays game. just because f the immense speed of everything else u know. glad to see u playing a sweet archetype tho. earthbound immortals are awesome! some of the greatest antagonist cards ever printed.

https://www.youtube.com/Garyrulz123

15Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:02 pm

raissa ana' marriana

raissa ana' marriana
Houseless
Houseless
malefics are more OP than Earthbounds V_V

Malefics can run sphinx, skill drain, and even have AGGD Very Happy

compatible w/ machina FTW Razz

16Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:35 pm

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
raissa ana' marriana wrote:malefics are more OP than Earthbounds V_V

Malefics can run sphinx, skill drain, and even have AGGD Very Happy

compatible w/ machina FTW Razz

what i someone ran malifics and earthbound immortals in the same deck? i know its not too viable due to it completly relying on field cards lol. but eh why not?

17Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Fluffytots

Fluffytots
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
i sided in wiraqsahu whatever its called the bird earthbound immortal in my blackwing deck. dont remember how i used it but i remember it destroying

18Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:36 pm

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
ive never played them. but i like tribuet monsters and such so theyve allways seemed like they would make a good fun deck. but i cnt see the point of teching or siding one into your deck due to the not being as splashable as malifics.

19Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Empty Re: Are Earthboud Immortals OP? Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Well yah, they aren't OP and definitely can't even compete in Today's meta, but still I think my version has been the most successful just because if a deck is slow, the best route is control, and we all know everyone loves playing the + and - game in yugioh. Burn gives no pluses against your opponent, while Aslla gives at best a +5 if you run it with future visions.

I don't think EI's would be good for tech at all really. Most decks that play field spells don't run enough tribute fodder/fast enough to special summon 2 and then tribute.

GaryRulez wrote: glad to see u playing a sweet archetype tho.

Was that aimed at me? What's that supposed to mean, Gary? sheesh XD

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum