Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What would make excited about ygo? Empty What would make excited about ygo? Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Shane

Shane
Administrator
Administrator
If you're like me and not interested in yugioh anymore. What could Konami do to make you excited about it again?

For me to start playing again they would need to make a new card type like synchro's or xyz's.

http://www.toonworldacademy.net

2What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:47 am

Felix Daniels

Felix Daniels
Houseless
Houseless
Well, I'm still interested in the game, but if there was anything that Konami could do to interest me even more is to give more support the freaking Toon archtype. Very Happy

Seroiusly, just seeing them with new cards to help then take on and troll even top tier decks... I would shed tears of joy if that happens. lol!

3What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:41 am

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
more or less the entire attitude that surrounds the game would have to change. the players would have to give more respect to each other regardless of what is run. and cards wouldnt be retardedly rarity bumped just to make a **** ton of money. and thats really just a start. and a better show would be nice, zexal isnt THAT bad but at least while 5ds was coming out i had alot of inspiration to play.

https://www.youtube.com/Garyrulz123

4What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:57 am

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Konami's strategy has effectively killed the overall value of the game, and they have noone to blame but themselves.
What they've done is that they release new types of cards and new archtypes and whatnot for the intention of making money, so they make them powerful as all hell, then ban important aspects of it; release new broken combos, rinse and repeat.
Eventually people are either not going to put any more money into a new deck, or the game is eventually going to hit it's ceiling so-to-speak.
Konami'll go bankrupt and/or sell the game to someone else.

I think they oughta to hit the nostalgia of the old-timers that have been playing for years. I think they did a good job (intentions-wise anyway) in releasing Seal of Orichalcos into the TCG.
I mean sure they absolutely screwed over the effect, but still. They probably made more money in those sales than in any archtype release.

A new card type would be interesting, but only so for so long.
I mean, eventually it'll become old. Just look at Xyz, they're so commonplace now that they've been out for what, about a year now?

5What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
I disagree, Yugioh is flourishing right now and the game has never been healthier. The banlist made such few changes, yet it completely slowed the game down from the previous format, and we are now seeing a HECK of a lot of reprints on cards that were over $100, and we're halfway into the format and we still have no idea what the metagame is defined as. Well, there's a general idea, but nothing is set in stone like it was the last two formats.

Konami screwed the game over with the last two formats, and I think they realized that, and this time they've been making up for it. Top tier decks are now budget decks, with the release of the new tins and Abyss Rising, along with the Atlantean structure deck, all types of decks can be played this format, including synchro decks, which were completely phased out last format. Honestly, I think they're doing everything right.

A new type of card? That would be disastrous. The Extra deck is already packed full and tight for room, and we already have 5 different types of cards that can go in the main deck, not including the specifics(field spells, continuous spells/traps, monster hand traps). Complicating the game more will do nothing but make the game worse and even more competitive.

I'm not sure how people can still complain this format after all that's been happening. We're seeing Glad beasts, HEROs, GKs, Plant synchro, Six Sam, Karakuri, X-Sabers are viable, even psychics topping this format, and then all the newer top tier archtypes. Inzektors got 1st place at YCS even aftering getting hit so harshly, paying 2 DW players, 4 or 5 wind-ups, and even a macro-rabbit, so obviously player skill is a HUGE key factor this time around. Yet you guys want more? It's just like how people complain about broken top tier decks and say "this needs banned! it's too stupid!" then Konami bans it, and they still aren't happy cuz something else takes it place. There will always be broken cards, broken combos, etc., no matter what card game you play. Magic The Gathering has wayyy more derpy/OP card effects than Yugioh, and they don't even ban/limit cards. You should be thankful Konami at least regulates their game.

6What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:55 pm

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
Remove the extra deck. Remove chaos monsters (BLS,etc.)

7What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:00 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Industrial Illusion Leader
! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED wrote:Remove the extra deck. Remove chaos monsters (BLS,etc.)

AND YOU CRIPPLE SY

Come on I'm not the only one thinking it.

8What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Rebecca Hawkins

Rebecca Hawkins
Houseless
Houseless
they should make old archtypes more competitive again such as harpie and toons.

9What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Rebecca Hawkins wrote:they should make old archtypes more competitive again such as harpie and toons.
Doubt that will happen.

10What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:13 pm

Rebecca Hawkins

Rebecca Hawkins
Houseless
Houseless
why would you doubt that? harpies and toons are very popular and there is a wind set is bound to come out so they could include 1-2 new harpie cards.(all harpies need to become competitive is another monster treated as harpie lady on field and grave, a harpie boss monster and a harpie xyz that protects harpies)

11What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Shane

Shane
Administrator
Administrator
Yeah, I agree with rebecca. It would be awesome to see more toons and harpies. They have a pretty big fanbase on the tcm forums.

http://www.toonworldacademy.net

12What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:31 pm

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
harpie blackwings are still a good contender in this format.

13What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
I want my Windups back d:

14What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Rebecca Hawkins

Rebecca Hawkins
Houseless
Houseless
relinquished i dont like black wings i want to run decks i like and tempest wind-ups are still very good.

15What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:55 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Tempest wrote:I want my Endless no-skill loop back d:

Sorry man that's all I heard.

You can still wreck with Wind-ups it isn't hard

16What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:09 pm

MemorySP

MemorySP
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
LOL tempest used my own Windup deck against me in a tournament.

We need less broken decks to be released. Not some OP crap that will later have some cards banned next format

17What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:11 pm

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
MemorySP wrote:LOL tempest used my own Windup deck against me in a tournament.

We need less broken decks to be released. Not some OP crap that will later have some cards banned next format

konami doesnt believe in balance...

18What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:15 pm

MemorySP

MemorySP
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Trueeee. Last format was all meta noobs LOL

19What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:30 pm

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
Look back 2 when we had no extra deck, It was actually fun. ygo was so much better before all dis started happening.

20What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 pm

Rebecca Hawkins

Rebecca Hawkins
Houseless
Houseless
they always had extra decks fusion monsters were in the first season but shined during gx.

21What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:34 pm

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
another thing that would make me excited about yugioh again is if people actually knew basic game mechanics instead of trusting all of the trolls...

22What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Sounds like you guys just don't like Yugioh lol. Maybe try playing MTG or that new card fight Vanguard game.

23What would make excited about ygo? Empty Re: What would make excited about ygo? Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:01 pm

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Niko327 wrote:Sounds like you guys just don't like Yugioh lol. Maybe try playing MTG or that new card fight Vanguard game.

i am lol. vanguard is sweet, but mtg has almost as much lame stuff as yugioh and the attitude of the meta community is really bad. so i stay here lol. but yeah, vangaurd is sweet.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum