Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GK Empty GK Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 pm

ThatGuy5

ThatGuy5
Houseless
Houseless
First, I would like to thank all of you for you help with my fun deck.
If it's not too much, i would like your help again for my competitive deck here

Thanks again guys Very Happy

New New
https://i.imgur.com/mD4T39d.png

Last edited by ThatGuy5 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:54 am; edited 4 times in total

2GK Empty Re: GK Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:32 am

Lunatic

Lunatic
Dark Desolation
Dark Desolation
Couldnt tell you anything, They are GK's P.P

3GK Empty Re: GK Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:37 am

ThatGuy5

ThatGuy5
Houseless
Houseless
Yeah, I thought that it was a good type thats not overused

4GK Empty Re: GK Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
I played GK's for a while and grew to love them, they're pretty fun and toolbox like crazy. You're running too many monsters though, and your trap line-up could use some work.

All you need as far as GK monsters go is Commandant, Recruiter, Descendant, and Spy. 3 of each of course, and you can tech in 1 Assailant and 1 Guard, I usually side guard because he's a good defensive monster and gets over a lot of problems, but I mostly play aggressive with GKs.

Good tech cards include Thunder King Rai-oh for a nice first turn stun set up (commandant search, summon thunder king, play necrovalley, set 2 backrow, and it will take a lot for the opponent to get over without a heavy storm), Effect veiler works nice and with those 2 being light and having dark GK monsters, you can run BLS. Also I'd use Malefic Cyber End Dragon over Stardust. Sure, stardust protects your field spell, but you have 3, and 3 searchers for it, and you have 3 searchers for your searchers. You should have no problem getting a necrovalley on board. I only run 1 Malefic as well since I run 2 other boss monsters, BLS and Dark Armed Dragon. BLS is still kind of meh in this deck though and can be dead a lot. he's been a recent addition and I didn't test him much since I've been busy with Blackwings.

Why Dark Armed Dragon? Can't use his eff cuz of necrovalley? Doesn't matter. He's still a free 2800 beater, and like I said you'll have plenty of options to get to your necrovalleys. So, if you wanna make a DaD play for game, but you have a necrovalley face-up, simply destroy it and play ur 2nd or 3rd necrovalley face-down. Summon DaD and go ham. then flip valley up afterwards if necessary.

Also you have to consider you won't always have Necrovalley face-up. MST is at 3, you'll have times where it won't be present. Instead of immediately playing your 2nd or 3rd one, pop down a DaD or BLS, and also add Monster Reborn to your deck. People say its contradicting, but it's not if you play smart. Just like how Thunder King Rai-Oh and Duality contradict, people still play them in the same deck, just play them separately. This also forces you to play a bit more conserved, which some players struggle with.

Your spells are a bit messy too. First lets start by removing Card Destruction, Terraforming, Magical Dimension(optional, its a good card for GKs I'll admit and it works well with recruiter, but personally I don't find it necessary), and what is that green background white stick lookin thing? I've never seen it before, and probably for a good reason.

not sure why you run card destruction at all really, it doesn't trigger any of your monsters, and Royal Tribute is pretty much GK's OP version of it.

Terraforming is wasted space considering commandant does the same thing for you and more.

I'd consider running 3 GK's Steele. A lot of people disagree with me on this (just as most disagree with me about DaD, BLS, and Monster Reborn, but they win me games all de time), but trust me, having so much search ability with spy, recruiter, AND commandant makes you run through monsters fast, and steele gives you such huge advantage early, mid, and late game. You want it in your hand as much as possible, so run 3.

Run 2 Dualities, good search card and GK's don't really special summon all that much.

You could also try to make room for 2 or 3 MSTs. It's good for getting Necrovalley off the board to make BLS/monster reborn/DaD plays if you think you can go for game or they're your only options in hand.

For traps, Rite of Spirit is meh, you have steele to bring them back to your hand which imo is better because that's less cards you have to Set/commit to the board. I personally don't like it, but it's not a terrible choice so that you can do what you want with, your preference.

Magician's Circle is unnecessary if you run less monsters. You're gonna be searching like crazy and run low on monsters, so it'll be dead late game and especially in a tight situation. When you're low on card presence and playing defensively, Magician's Circle is quite possibly the worst top deck possible.

Bottomless Trap Hole is great this format so I'd suggest running 2. Also, you're running darks that can hit above 2000 atk. Test out Deck Devastation Virus, it kills a lot of decks this format as well. Other traps you could run include Fiendish Chain, Starlight Road, and compulsory Evac. device.

WALL O' TEXT! sorry, guess I like GK's more than I thought lol.

5GK Empty Re: GK Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:28 pm

ThatGuy5

ThatGuy5
Houseless
Houseless
Thank you very much for the advice.
I've taken some of your suggestions and changed it again.

6GK Empty Re: GK Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Nice edits, but why only one Veiler? running one isn't even worth it, probably worse than running none at all haha.

7GK Empty Re: GK Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:56 pm

ThatGuy5

ThatGuy5
Houseless
Houseless
crap
forgot to take the other out
thanks for catchin that

8GK Empty Re: GK Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:38 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Np.

I played with GKs a little today cuz this post got me wanting to play them a bit. I edited it quite a bit and here's what I came up with.

https://i.imgur.com/L1JiT7p.png

Guard is just too good this format not to use in the main with boss monsters and Xyz's running rampant. Garunix gets a slap in the face from it, chaos dragons, any Xyz, Hyperion, Kristya. Unfortunately its useless against Priestess of Prophecy more than likely, but it might save you a turn.... possibly.

9GK Empty Re: GK Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:13 pm

ThatGuy5

ThatGuy5
Houseless
Houseless
Niko327 wrote:Np.

I played with GKs a little today cuz this post got me wanting to play them a bit. I edited it quite a bit and here's what I came up with.

https://i.imgur.com/L1JiT7p.png

Guard is just too good this format not to use in the main with boss monsters and Xyz's running rampant. Garunix gets a slap in the face from it, chaos dragons, any Xyz, Hyperion, Kristya. Unfortunately its useless against Priestess of Prophecy more than likely, but it might save you a turn.... possibly.

Seems like a cool deck, and I know what your saying about Guard, but I think I have enough card and don't really want to take anything out

10GK Empty Re: GK

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum