Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:54 am

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
With the new banlist, Destiny Draw is getting much more attention. I'm curious on all your thoughts of the whole Malicious/D-Draw engine. Is it possible to build a deck around purely D-Heroes (with tech cards of course like Stratos) or is it better suited to continue as a draw engine? I'll give one example of each, maybe you guys can do better or possibly make my variants more consistent.

There is a strategy that was used before the March 2012 format, but it never caught on as a huge deal. It was arguably Tier 2, and I have yet to make it better than that this format. It revolves around a D-Hero and water type splash to ultimately control the playing field with Absolute Zero.

https://i.imgur.com/QScTE.png

When I saw the format put Destiny Draw to 3 and Agent Earth back to 2, I thought maybe Agents could do some damage if we speed them up with the D-Hero engine. I'm sure plenty of people thought the same thing, so here's my D-Hero Agents deck:

https://i.imgur.com/nX9Hg.png

So far, the D-HERO Agents is coming out on top, simply because it has a lot more aggressive raw power than the Ab. Zero deck.

2Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Re: Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:24 am

Scarlett

Scarlett
Houseless
Houseless
I personally prefer using D-HEROs as a draw engine , since D-HERO oriented decks didn't have much potential. As far as i've seen i never dueled a pure D-HERO deck...and im really looking forward to lose against one.

3Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Re: Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:08 am

syahmiakim

syahmiakim
Houseless
Houseless
imo, i prefer running the malicious and d draw as an engine rather then a whole.

4Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Re: Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:30 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
ScarletXAce wrote:I personally prefer using D-HEROs as a draw engine , since D-HERO oriented decks didn't have much potential. As far as i've seen i never dueled a pure D-HERO deck...and im really looking forward to lose against one.

I've played with and against a pure D-HERO deck. It's funny, I actually managed to sack the Watt Hopper lock like 5-6 times and win the duel with the deck.
I didn't build the deck, it was a copycat duelist who likes to RP. He INTENDED to RP as Aster, copy my deck and my moves, then shift to DHeroes, eventually beating me. However, he wound up losing to me like 15 times. It was hilarious.
Then he ragequitted DMG, and gave me his decks. I turned around and whooped almost everyone that crossed my path. It literally took a Chain Exodia build to stop my DHero win streak. Again, I note, it was friggin hilarious.

5Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Re: Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:57 pm

raissa ana' marriana

raissa ana' marriana
Houseless
Houseless
Both ._.

i use a D-hero deck which is based upon using the draw engine to stock grave and power through deck to get either BLS or CS

lights i just use thunder dragon

14/20 of the monsters are destiny hero
3 d-draw
3 trade in for more draws
1 allure(part of Destiny Heroes IMO)
3 upstart (cause i can)
no traps
and a bunch of more draw cards Razz

6Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Re: Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Yah D-heroes are very good for speedy draw builds, I was thinking it might be cool to make a D-Hero dragon based deck too with the new chaos dragon cards and a mix of the Hopeless Dragon build, using high lvl dragons with Trade-In and such.

7Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Re: Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Spoiler:
Pure Dheroes deck, don't ask me how, but I made this work when I was pwning a ton of people on DMG.
I haven't really touched it since the guy who gave it to me gave it to me. (All I've done was trade useless anime-only card for 2nd Mirror Force.) Although personally I would add an Extra Deck. And a Side deck.
But meh. Too lazy.

Heres a Dragoon deck the guy gave me too:
Spoiler:
much less effective, but good.

8Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Re: Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:45 pm

raissa ana' marriana

raissa ana' marriana
Houseless
Houseless
Spoiler:

those are my destiny heroes... speed through deck, get BLS and CS proceed to win

9Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Empty Re: Destiny Heroes: Deck or Engine? Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:43 am

syahmiakim

syahmiakim
Houseless
Houseless
:O never seen a deck that focuses on 2 cards...

nice deck tho with so much draw power..
but what if opponent solemns your main card?
or even bottomless trap hole?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum