Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Utopia Ray + ZW Unicorn Spear VS Sangan Empty Utopia Ray + ZW Unicorn Spear VS Sangan Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:56 am

knight6285

knight6285
Houseless
Houseless
Utopia Ray + ZW Unicorn Spear (Player A) in Battle Phase destroyed Sangan (Player B) by battle and Sangan sent to the grave, what's next, do Sangan effect can be trigger?

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
I want to say that Sangan's effect would only be negated during the battle and Sangan would lose the effect negation when destroyed and sent to the graveyard.
I'm not 100% sure though.

knight6285

knight6285
Houseless
Houseless
Sangan is the example, this also can be apply to many case, such as Giant Rat, Ufo Turtle and many more, the word that make me confuse is Unicorn Spear effect state,

"If the equipped monster battles an opponent's monster, the opponent's monster's effect is negated during the Battle Phase"

does that mean everything including grave since the card state during the battle phase?

yuseifudo33

yuseifudo33
Houseless
Houseless
knight6285 wrote:
does that mean everything including grave since the card state during the battle phase?

sangan negated, rat negated,etc

knight6285

knight6285
Houseless
Houseless
yuseifudo33 wrote:
knight6285 wrote:

is there any official source page that i can show to my opponent?

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Industrial Illusion Leader
No but the wording is you all need

Like if it said the face up monster effects were negated then sangan wouldnt be negated...but since the wording is just effects in general they are negated

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
yuseifudo33 wrote:
knight6285 wrote:

Duuuude I totally forgot about that.

I remember now though, there was an article somewhere (think Konami did it, could be wrong) that said that effects like Rat/Sangan/etc. activate on the field rather than in the graveyard, since they are considered "destroyed in battle" while they're on the field, and then sent to the graveyard.

Made no sense at all initially, but meh.

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
no not really ehero

Skill drain and fiendish still cant touch sangan giant rat and all that but thing that negate effects in general....like this does specify if it has to be face or not so sangan would be negated regardless

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Sangan is negated.

Question has been answered, locked.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum