Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Dino Deck Empty My Dino Deck Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:49 pm

Lord-MF-Zed

Lord-MF-Zed
Houseless
Houseless
Hey all. So here it is: My Dino Deck LxRBn

Comments: I feel like this is a pretty strong beatdown deck overall, but maybe needs a little more draw power. My main issues are that I sometimes get stuck with garbage for a few turns and end up running low on life, but after everything kicks in all of my dinos get +1100 atk and +300 def (not really worth mention). I've been tweaking this deck here and there over the past few weeks, so let me know if you guys have any suggestions for cards I should put in/take out and why.

My goal for this deck isn't to make it tier 1 or anything, but I'd like for it to be able to at least compete against meta with the use of a little skill and luck. I think I've accomplished that for the most part, so far, but it could always be better.

Edit: also Volcanic Eruption is just in there for testing purposes.

2My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 pm

aznboy789

aznboy789
Houseless
Houseless
Sorry to say. but needs alot of work. :/

3My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:09 pm

MemorySP

MemorySP
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
I can't see this deck playing competitively or even winning against Tier 2 decks. It needs a lot of work

4My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 pm

aznboy789

aznboy789
Houseless
Houseless
ATLESE add rabbit lol

5My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Whirl

Whirl
Houseless
Houseless
Hmm. Synchros don't work with Rabbits. I'd suggest ditching the deck and going Dino Rabbits.

6My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Wow, you guys have such great feedback, good to know that suggestions mean telling someone their deck needs work, but not what that work is. If you guys see problems with it, let us know, not just say it sucks, or don't comment.

That being said, here comes my wall o' text. First of all, take out Forstosaurus. He's a vanilla that you need to tribute for, which is unnecessary since you are running dinosaurs. Better choices are cards like Jurrac Herra, Titano, or Ultimate Tyranno. You already run Super-Ancient Dinobeast so I'm not sure you'd want too many tribute monsters anyway in a slower deck like Dinos.

Jurassic World is a joke of a card, one of those field spells that gives hardly any type of advantage. Not sure why you're only running 2 of them as well. Take them both out, and I would run 3 solidarity. Running 2 is just silly, what's the point?

That being said, take out Morphing Jar. Not even sure why he's in there to be honest, and he just makes solidarity completely useless if you use him.

Gilasaurus is a terrible excuse of an effect monster. Special Summon a lv 3 1400 ATK monster with an effect that gives your opponent a free monster reborn? Are you nuts? Get rid of that crap haha.

Run 3 fossil digs, can never toolbox with a 1-for-1 card too much in a pure dino-deck.

Add Dark Hole. take out a starlight road for it. Overall better and more versatile card.

*sigh* compare Fossil Excavation and Call Of The Haunted for me please and tell me why the heck you are using one over the other... Another thought for brain food, compare Sakuretsu Armor and Dimensional Prison. I will tell you now that Dimensional Prison is a much much much MUCH better card that accomplishes practically the same goal, but better.

Consistency issues? Take out Pot Of Avarice since you only have 20 monsters in the deck and it's not a spam monster type of deck. It'll be dead more than not. Run a 2nd Pot Of Duality in it's place.

Sabersaurus isn't bad in this deck with Solidarity, since you pretty much are normal summoning a 2400 ATK monster for free. I'd probably run 3 if you're looking for more of a beatdown aspect.

Another neat card to consider is Big Evolution Pill. I wouldn't suggest running it with your current Dino line-up, but you could remove the miracle egg, hydrogeddons, Jurrac Brachis', and whatever that last trap card is for some higher levels.

Jurracs are your friend. But not Brachis. He's bad. Run the Gallims, but only at 1 or 2, for they can do some good damage with their effect, but if you decide to run Herra (which I suggest you run at least 1), he misses timing since Gallim is mandatory. I would as suggest trying to run Jurrac Dino and Aeolo, they work like a charm together. Stauriko is definitely a decent choice as well since if they only have one monster and attack into it, you start off next turn with 2 monsters you can use for tributes. Titano is pretty nice beater and effect dino.

I'd say 3 Mystical Space Typhoon is almost a must this format with such a heavy trap line-up people are playing, but that's up to you. I'd throw out the 2 Bottomless Trap Holes or the Fossil Excavations (that should be Call Of The Haunted's) for 2 Solemn Warnings. Maybe try fitting some trap hate as well, aka, Seven Tools Of The Bandit or Trap Stun. Also, don't just take out and add everything I suggested because that won't work. I didn't build you a new deck, I gave you some suggestions to work with.

7My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Whirl

Whirl
Houseless
Houseless
You need Guaiba. ._.

8My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:36 am

NerverMind

NerverMind
Houseless
Houseless
He probably need to remake it and also
I'll make some suggestion to if he wish not to
-2 Frostosaurus: cause you really dont need it
-2 Sabersaurus: cause you dont run cards like rabbit and just to lessen the space
+3 Guaiba
-2 Sakuretsu armor and change it into
+2 Mirror force: cause it is better that sakuretsu
-2 Fossil Excavation then change it into
+2 Call of the haunted: cause it doesn't neg eff that was summon
and doesn't need to discard

-3 gilaurus and side it if you want Razz not sure with this card cause it might help your opponent alot if they got something good in there grave

tired giving suggestion
i got more suggestion but tired giving more
anyways nvm -.-

9My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:53 am

Whirl

Whirl
Houseless
Houseless
NerverMind wrote:He probably need to remake it and also
I'll make some suggestion to if he wish not to
-2 Frostosaurus: cause you really dont need it
-2 Sabersaurus: cause you dont run cards like rabbit and just to lessen the space
+3 Guaiba
-2 Sakuretsu armor and change it into
+2 Mirror force: cause it is better that sakuretsu
-2 Fossil Excavation then change it into
+2 Call of the haunted: cause it doesn't neg eff that was summon
and doesn't need to discard

-3 gilaurus and side it if you want Razz not sure with this card cause it might help your opponent alot if they got something good in there grave

tired giving suggestion
i got more suggestion but tired giving more
anyways nvm -.-

Mirror Force is a bad card, don't use it
Call is the same
Why side Gilasaurus?

10My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:02 am

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Mirror Force is a bad card?
That's new.

11My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:13 am

knight6285

knight6285
Houseless
Houseless
mirror force is bad? probably that's some kind of reverse psychology.

12My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Lord-MF-Zed

Lord-MF-Zed
Houseless
Houseless
Hahahaha Wow.

Well thanks for the feedback everybody.

As for the whole call of the haunted thing, I never really looked at that card, so I didn't know what the eff was.

And As for the Gilasaurus eff, it works for me. SS Gil and normal summon hydro so that it has something to kill to get more hydros. Of course, I try to avoid that eff if there's something strong in their grave, but with a 2700 atk hydro that's usually not a problem.

A lot of the traps/spells are just for tests. Also I use sakuretsu instead of prism for the Gil effect, But I'll definitely throw in an extra Mirror Force.

Also, I want this to be just dinos, not a Jurrac deck. I already have a Jurrac deck and it's getting boring xD. Evolite/Evolsaur, too.

But all in all, thanks for the feedback guys! I'll attempt to fix some stuff.

13My Dino Deck Empty Re: My Dino Deck Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:04 pm

NerverMind

NerverMind
Houseless
Houseless
@Whirl
i just said side it just incase lol Razz
i didn't said completely side it
but never mind that Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: