Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A few deck projects (5) Empty A few deck projects (5) Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:25 am

SacredPharaohAtem

SacredPharaohAtem
Houseless
Houseless
I have these 5 decks. that i use very often. and im trying to remove any flaws in them. normally. i WOULD NEVER EVER. show ANY OF YOU a deck i've made because as we all know. a duelist's deck is their life. and people will do anything to make themselves better. rather that is coping a deck, or making a counter to said deck. but i also understand that with out a bit of help. i can not learn to improve.

so here are my top 6 decks (im not showing my #1 deck. because that has to remain hidden.)

#2 https://i.imgur.com/fFp87.png <- this is called Black Magic

#3 https://i.imgur.com/dz6nc.png God II

(God I was a failure so i reworked some cards. this is what i came up with. and it is amazing or so i'd like to think)

#4 https://i.imgur.com/gm8Eq.png <- Gravekeeper

Macro Summon. This deck takes about 1 or 2 turns to get really rolling. but once it does it Macro summons about 4 Monsters in a turn.

5 https://i.imgur.com/fnv4j.png Fiends,

(Bakura inspired) This Deck's Key Card is the Dreaded Dark Necrofear card. using many Duel monster cards to Damage, Block, Destory, other cards while awaiting the powers of DarkNecrofear. once summoned the deck starts to feed off the lost souls and becoming that much stronger the more Dark Necrofear stays in play. untill the duel ends or all Dark Necrofears are in play)

if anyone needs me to explain more on the deck types i will give more details in their workings. but i need help to improve these deck types. as said Deck type #1 is going to remain Hidden. its risky enough that i showed all my other main decks.

im trying to get my decks upgraded as quickly as i can. so i may take my Kingdom test by the end of today. (if anyone would be willing to test me.)

2A few deck projects (5) Empty Re: A few deck projects (5) Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:11 pm

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
Your running fiends without darkness neosphere? HAVE U NO SHAME?
Evil hero gainer is also a must.
I still love your decks though Razz Great job

3A few deck projects (5) Empty Re: A few deck projects (5) Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:14 pm

SacredPharaohAtem

SacredPharaohAtem
Houseless
Houseless
! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED wrote:Your running fiends without darkness neosphere? HAVE U NO SHAME?
Evil hero gainer is also a must.
I still love your decks though Razz Great job

Thank you. it makes me happy to know someone enjoys my work.

4A few deck projects (5) Empty Re: A few deck projects (5) Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Since the best deck (in your opinion) is the dark magician one, I guess I'll give some advice on that one. Like always, I write walls of texts cuz there's never such a thing as a perfect deck or no available suggestions. A deck could be practically flawless and still suggestions and preferences can be given.

Personally I would not run Dark Bribe at 3. Actually, I wouldn't run it at all because it's a -1 and can really screw you over. But, it's debatable that the card is actually pretty useful in this format since the game is so spell/trap heavy at the moment. I would consider only running 1, and replacing the other two with either Seven Tools Of The Bandit, Mystical Space Typhoons, or some more monster removal cards.

Your trap line up isn't efficient enough. Sure, Mirror Force and D-Prison remove monsters, but they don't account for all of the great effect monsters that do things when they hit the board. Not to mention if you make a meta call, Dark Worlds especially, those traps barely affect them. Grapha can just be pitched to blow up your backrow with Fabled Raven or Trance Archfiend that you couldn't stop from happening. Grapha can continuously bring itself back from the grave so mirror force really doesnt affect him much either. That's just an example, and there are many others. So I'd suggest removing a mirror force and a d-prison for two Solemn Warnings.

Lightning Vortex is a garbage card. It only works on face-ups, so book of moon is an out to it, along with everything that is an out to Dark Hole. plus you have to ditch a card, which is never good.

The Tricky is another bad card I don't recommend running, especially that Tricky Spell 4 card. Circumstantial, and you have Dark Magician, has 500 more atk and just as easy to get out with all the Dark Magician support cards.

I would take out Dark magic Curtain and 2 Kycoo, add 2 more dark magician girl and Sage's Stone. Kycoo isn't a strong enough stand alone monster to be at 3 in my opinion, he usually gets wiped off the board pretty easily and barely ever is his effect used effectively. Dark Magician Girl on the other hand isn't hard to get out, and Sage's Stone is a broken card for Dark Magician lol. Run cards like battle fader, dandylion, cyber dragon, etc.

Take out Magician's Valkyria. Her effect is terrible for a 1600 atk monster. I would focus the deck more around Skilled Dark Magician, therefore you need to add more spells. Secret Village of The Spellcasters is a great card for spellcaster decks, run mystical space typhoons since they are easy to play to add counters to Skilled Dark Magician.

Another way to add to your spell line up is mix in some of the Spellbook cards as well. Spellbook of Wisdom is an awesome card since Dark Magician has no effect and is just a beatstick, it'll protect him more or less. Spellbook of Power will pump your spellcasters up, spellbook of Life will reborn your Dark Magicians, Spellbook Tower gives you pluses, and Spellbook of Secrets is a REALLY easy way to add counters to Skill DM while at the same time toolboxing your hand.

I would take out one Magical Dimension as well since its a circumstantial card that might be dead too much to have 3 of. 2 is a decent number of them.

5A few deck projects (5) Empty Re: A few deck projects (5) Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:57 pm

SacredPharaohAtem

SacredPharaohAtem
Houseless
Houseless
i have to disagree with saying "The Tricky" is a bad card. it is a Special summon with 2000 attack points. its Very effect lets you set up many combos if you do it right. it is very important for Macro summons. it is not at ALL a bad card. Vortex, is hit it miss. i'll give you that. i mainly use it for when i run out of ideas. and Magicians Valkira? again I disagree. she is a must have for any spell caster deck

Edit: Not at all trying to be rude, its just i disagree with somethings you have said. but i DO see where you are coming from

6A few deck projects (5) Empty Re: A few deck projects (5) Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
yea dude, feel free to disagree. Like I said, they are suggestions and everyone has personal preference, so when I say "this card is bad," it's an opinion. A good thing about suggestions on card choices when just playing through dueling network is that it doesn't hurt to try applying given suggestions since you aren't playing for money and every card is essentially free.

The Tricky is circumstantially good, which in my opinion, any card that is only good in certain instances is a bad card. For a deck to be good, you need to have options with every draw you get. If a card by itself always has an option, it's a good card I like to think. The Tricky is a -1, therefore you are losing card advantage by playing him. Maybe its a good thing though cuz you can ditch Dark Magician, but who's to say your summon won't get negated and now you can't even tribute tricky for DMG? What if you run out of cards in hand and your next draw is The Tricky? It becomes a dead draw and you literally have to skip an entire turn because of it. The drawbacks to the card are worse than the advantages, there are other ways to get cards in the graveyard.

Why do you think Valkyria is so good? Maybe I'm not seeing something that you are.

7A few deck projects (5) Empty Re: A few deck projects (5) Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Whirl

Whirl
Houseless
Houseless
Valkyria is a terrible card. Don't run it, simple as that. Niko basically covered everything needed to make it even semi-competitive.

8A few deck projects (5) Empty Re: A few deck projects (5) Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Also, that gravekeeper deck is meh. They're a pretty popular archetype, not sure why you have some of the cards you chose lol.

Here's my GK deck, free of charge. Take a look and edit your GKs accordingly, almost guarantee you this deck is better than your Dark Magic one https://i.imgur.com/jWcUP.png

9A few deck projects (5) Empty Re: A few deck projects (5) Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:00 pm

SacredPharaohAtem

SacredPharaohAtem
Houseless
Houseless
Niko327 wrote:Also, that gravekeeper deck is meh. They're a pretty popular archetype, not sure why you have some of the cards you chose lol.

Here's my GK deck, free of charge. Take a look and edit your GKs accordingly, almost guarantee you this deck is better than your Dark Magic one https://i.imgur.com/jWcUP.png

there are way too many issues with that deck. but then again it comes down to blue prints. each of my deck has a special blue print behind it. with each card backing up the card that came before it in some way.. your decks flaw is the high spell count and the low monster count

personally for me. the best deck blue print is a 22-8-10 or 21-9-10.

and further more i do not care if your deck is "Better" than mine. anyone can beat anyone in a duel. no matter if its "Meta" or other wise. its how you play that matters not what cards are in the deck. but how you use them. simple as that.

the cards i used for my decks are because they are the cards that spoke to me. showing me combos and tactics and other verious things. it was the heart of the deck that had me construct it

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum