Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Felix Daniels

Felix Daniels
Houseless
Houseless
I want to try out Light and Darkness Dragon for my deck ( since my deck revolves around tributing,summoning it should'nt take much effort) but I have several questions about Light and Darkness dragon ( Why did it have to be the most complicated card in history?) Shocked

Anyways, here is its effect:

This card cannot be Special Summoned. While this card is face-up on the field, its Attribute is also treated as DARK. When a Spell or Trap Card is activated, or the effect of an Effect Monster is activated, that activation is negated and this card loses 500 ATK and DEF. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select 1 monster in your Graveyard. Then destroy all cards you control, and Special Summon that monster.

First question is, can it negate continous effects that happen as soon as it hits the field? For example, if I normal summon or flip summon Shiba-Warrior Taro, will its "cannot be destroyed" effect be negated?

Secondly, can it negate summoning conditions? For example, if anyone summons Exodious the Ultamate Forbidden Lord or Hardened Armed Dragon using their summoning conditions, can that be negated, and if so are they destroyed?

Third, if I summon Light and Darkness Dragon, then the opponent responds by Bottomless Trap Hole, then right afterwords Fiendish Chain, would the effect of bottomless still activate because Light and Darkness dragon can only negate one thing at a time?
Suspect Shocked Suspect

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Industrial Illusion Leader
No a continuis effect does not ever activate it is applied

You can not negate conditions so thats a no.

And wheres the ruling that says you can only negate one thing at a time.

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
The exact ruling:
Light and darkness dragon must negate chain link 1 and cannot negate any other cards in the same chain.
I may be paraphrasing 8)

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
okok I see

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Okay, let me answer your questions:
1) No. Continuous effects do not "activate" when the monster hits the field. They are different from "Trigger" effects and "Compulsory" effects. If you don't know what those are search them on the Wikia.

2) Light and Darkness Dragon can't negate inherent summons. The summons you are referring to are called "inherent", because they do not start a chain. HOWEVER it CAN negate Gorz (which will stay in the hand even though the effect has been activated, and you will be able to activate it again if you receive any more battle damage while controlling no cards). Basically it negates trigger and ignition effects that activate in the hand, like Honest, Gorz, etc.

3) Chains resolve backwards, so:
Bottomless Trap Hole (CL1) < Light and Darkness Dragon (CL2) < Fiendish Chain (CL3)
It goes like this: CL3 > CL2 > CL1. (where CL is Chain Link)
Since Light and Darkness Dragon's effect can only be used ONCE in a chain, it will not activate again after Fiendish Chain. So, Fiendish Chain will resolve first, targetting Light and Darkness Dragon, and negating it's effect when it resolves afterwards, in CL2. Light and Darkness Dragon will not be able to negate Bottomless Trap Hole, so it will be destroyed and banished by it.
After the chain ends, Light and Darkness Dragon's last effect will NOT activate, as it needs to be destroyed AND sent to the graveyard for it to work. Since Bottomless Trap Hole banishes it, and it never touches the grave, you will not be able to use it.

On a side note, Light and Darkness Dragon's last 2 effects are compulsory effects (mandatory), that means you do not choose if you want to activate them or not, they just activate, no matter what you throw at it. Also, a very important note: Light and Darkness Dragon negates YOUR cards, as well as your opponent's, so be careful not to use anything while it's on the field.

If you have any more questions just post here and ask, I will be happy to answer.

Felix Daniels

Felix Daniels
Houseless
Houseless
Thanks you guys, it cleared up a lot for me. Smile Now im going to give it a shot, so once again thanks a lot. :@yep:

But I have 1 last question: If i have Light and Darkness dragon out, then I bring out Number 30: Acid golem of destruction, would Light and Darkness Dragon simply negate the cost effect every one of my standby phases? Suspect

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
LADD can't negate maintenance costs. Check koa'ki meiru rulings for better explenation p.p

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Acid golems Detach or Inflict 2000 is not a cost at all

Its an effect

Acid golem Inflicts damage to the player...i.e. you can lose from having on the field.
You cant pay costs that would make you lose the game.

But technically LaDD could keep nageting it because its negation and Golem trying to detach would start a New chain

Felix Daniels

Felix Daniels
Houseless
Houseless
O.K, Thanks guys!
Very Happy Smile Very Happy

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
guess it's safe to say Answer'd N' Lock'd

Sponsored content