Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lunatic

Lunatic
Dark Desolation
Dark Desolation
So since yugioh stared, formats are constantly changing, cards being removed from the game, when you can only have 2 copies on them.

The Yu-Gi-Oh community has just experienced a new ban list on March 1st, Banning some important cards we would use on a regular basis

If you were Konami, What would you ban and why? We can start with nothing being banned and we can make our own ban list. Make sure to post a reasonable explanation for your choice.

Have Fun!

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
The banlist is fine as it is. Although there are broken cards in OCG so I'm talking TCG-wise.

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Pot of Avarice is stupid, and Monster Reborn is getting too ridiculous.

Pot of Avarice should be banned because if you have it early game you know you can play as aggressive and stupid as you want and just play the damn thing to restart and go +1. It rewards bad players for playing bad, it takes no skill to use, and it's pretty much pot of greed on steroids. Pot of Greed is banned, why isn't this card? Sure, the 5 monsters in your grave used to be a tough condition to meet, but not anymore. Wind-ups get 5 monsters in the grave turn 1 easy. Mermails discard their monsters to the grave for their effects. Karakuri, synchro plants and junk synchrons, do I need to say more?

Monster reborn because, well, it's monster reborn. I know a lot of people say that's stupid, but I understand the only reason people like the card and don't think it's bannable is because it's such a symbolic card in Yugioh. Think about the reasons Konami bans cards. It's a staple in every deck whenever it's off the list so it's been overused which means Konami should ban it for getting people to use different cards. It's also wayyy OP and takes no skill to use either. There's so many replacement cards for it as well like CotH and archetype-reborns like Double-edged sword or Gottom's e-call or spellbook of life, not to mention now that Brio is banned, premature burial isn't as easy to loop, if it's even possible to loop it without him. I think Monster Reborn has been out wayyyy too long to not go back on the banlist.

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
OCG is a walking sackfest grounds, I've just played about every top-tier deck in randoms on DN.
Literally, one right after the other. In a row.

Mermails, Elemental Dragons, etc.
In. A. Row.

Alchemistyazan

Alchemistyazan
Teacher
Teacher
The banlist is good as it is now but I guess I could make some changes but before that, I want to talk about the cards in the March banlist. The banning of Wind-UP Zenmaity was a breakthrough-Not! It didn't affect a thing, people still use Wuind-ups with the strong ability of summoning almost up to 3-4 XYZ monsters per turn. The limitation of Wind-Up Magician might have helped a little bit, because it limited the special summoning but I can't believe that stupid rat didn't get hit he bugs me because of his ability to summon a level 3 XYZ and then have a chance to revive him and summon another level 3 monster to complete the loop. All the things they unbanned were so unban worthy. I mean Spore... He might have been a threat at first but really, Mind Crush was so unneeded, it wasn't really use except in the Dark World archetype. The limiting of One Day of Peace was great, Exodia and Stall decks lost one of their main assessments in those stupid decks. Finally, the fact that they Semi-limited a spirit(Tsukyomi) made me really happy. I always wanted to use a spirit deck but it was hard because... There were no spirits to use! That's all, now it's time to make my banlist.

Banned:-
Red-eyes Metalness dragon.

Su -.-, I hate him.

One day for peace.

Limited:-
Sinister serprent

Sangan

Yata-Garasu

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
no point in leaving sinister serpent limited

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
@ people saying "unban Premature Burial!"

Scenario:
Mermails. You control Dewloren, draw into Premature. Use it, SS something (Dragoons), use Abyss-Sphere, SS something, use Dewloren eff, bounce all 3, reuse them. Endless pluses and a 3500 ATK Dewloren on your field with a cost of 1600 LP.
Not even gonna mention all the other decks that can loop it and use it to FTK.

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
It's an equip card which makes it searchable as well, and yeah what sy said, mist valley falcon and many other cards that can recycle it.

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Alchemistyazan wrote:The banlist is good as it is now but I guess I could make some changes but before that, I want to talk about the cards in the March banlist. The banning of Wind-UP Zenmaity was a breakthrough-Not! It didn't affect a thing, people still use Wuind-ups with the strong ability of summoning almost up to 3-4 XYZ monsters per turn. The limitation of Wind-Up Magician might have helped a little bit, because it limited the special summoning but I can't believe that stupid rat didn't get hit he bugs me because of his ability to summon a level 3 XYZ and then have a chance to revive him and summon another level 3 monster to complete the loop. All the things they unbanned were so unban worthy. I mean Spore... He might have been a threat at first but really, Mind Crush was so unneeded, it wasn't really use except in the Dark World archetype. The limiting of One Day of Peace was great, Exodia and Stall decks lost one of their main assessments in those stupid decks. Finally, the fact that they Semi-limited a spirit(Tsukyomi) made me really happy. I always wanted to use a spirit deck but it was hard because... There were no spirits to use! That's all, now it's time to make my banlist.
The way they hit Wind-Ups crippled them and made them WAY less consistent and competitive than last format. And let's not even talk about them 2 formats ago (WU Hunter hand loop). They did a good job, as they kept them a tier 2-ish deck yet banned their best card and limited one of the main resources of the deck. It did more than you think. Wind-Ups aren't even close to being as competitive as last format's. There was no need to hit Rat, they've hit WUs twice in a row now and I doubt they're gonna get hit again unless they do something big. Spore has never been a threat. The only threat was Glow-Up bulb, Spore wasn't even worthy to be on the banlist in the first place. Mind Crush wasn't (and isn't) a card used only in DW. It's a very good side deck card this format that can cripple Tier 1 decks that search a lot or have easily guessable hands. It wasn't even worth to be semi limited at 2. Tsukuyomi isn't that good of a card, and hasn't done much since it got unbanned, that's why they semi'd it. One Day of Peace was worth hitting as it was a costless card that could save you for 2 more turns and at the same time give you a +1 (even though the opponent got it too). Although costless cards like that are bad for the game and we all know it. Exodia wasn't that big of a threat anyway.

That's all.

Alchemistyazan

Alchemistyazan
Teacher
Teacher
^Yeah, good point there. Even though WU's are hit, you can still summon many XYZ's. Though there not as effective as the last format, so good point there.

Utopia Legend

Utopia Legend
Houseless
Houseless
ok here is what i say:
Bring Sangan back to 1 because theres no point for it to be banned it was a stapke and I know what your thinking Konami wants us to use new cards but still Reborn is still in use let Sangan be at 1 atleast. I would ban Catastor. It is to OP and can destroy most decks i mean sure its not hard to get rid of you have back row and other monster effects but in all reality think of it this way. Catastor is a level 5 synchro monster, I can see maybe a first turn synchro for like a level 6-8 and maybe if your using sams but most people will go for Shien or Beast when going for level 5. Still my point is to go for a level 5 it would be like mid-late game and by then most of your good backrow such as Mirror or dim prison unless you run like 2-3 has been used already aswell as most of your card effects. So it can be a hard card to run over but as I said above that it comes up mid-late game DAD can be a good card to get over it so if if you dont agree with me on the card being banned then i would make it limited at the least.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum