Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Felix Daniels

Felix Daniels
Houseless
Houseless
O.K., so prophecies have been getting support out the wazoo, where I thought spellbook judgement day was the peak of their broken support. I finally thought they were done... Boy, was I wrong... :sus:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/World_of_Prophecy

attribute: LIGHT
Types: Spellcaster/Effect
Level:9
ATK/DEF: 2900/2400

effect:

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Spellcaster-Type monster or a "Spellbook" Spell Card: You can target 2 "Spellbook" Spell Cards in your Graveyard; add both those targets to your hand. You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect. When cards are added to your hand by this effect: You can reveal 4 "Spellbook" Spell Cards with different names in your hand; destroy all cards on the field, except this card.

I don't even.. know where to begin with this. It is just too broken for words, making even inzectorz, an archetype I completely LOATHED, look like the tiny bugs they truly are. In my opinion, Konami had gone too far with this absurd power creep. They made it very clear what they want top tier, completely screwing old decks in the process and making sure they have no chance of winning! 😡 *sigh* discuss? 🇸🇸

Shade

Shade
Houseless
Houseless
Just use a fast deck to counter the probelm maybe dragunity stardust assault mode Or anti meta chaos stun.

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
"You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect."

At least spamming won't allow for overkill.

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Eheroduelist wrote:"You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect."

At least spamming won't allow for overkill.

Doesn't really matter... first of all you can get this dude out by monster effect or spellbook sooo easily, so you're guaranteed to go +2 with it. Then on top of that, you get to blow everything else up, potentially +9 lols. Also just because you can't special summon monsters doesn't mean you can't play spellbooks... so play star hall with a bunch of spells including spellbook of power.... that can be deadly.

Shade

Shade
Houseless
Houseless
Can u chain starlight road to it?

TDS

TDS
Yes you can and this card is too broken.

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Guys, what are you saying... this card isn't broken at all. Sure it's a Black Rose Dragon with an awkward trigger, but it's not broken at all...
It allows you to recycle 2 Spellbook cards from the graveyard, so what? Just look at Judgment Day. That's the epitome of brokenness.

Judging from the high rated Prophecy builds on DN I doubt anyone will run this card, since it can be a dead draw if anything. It takes 2 turns to blow up the field (discarding it from your hand at the EP, and reviving it with Spellbook of Life, the only possible way to summon it in current GOOD prophecy builds. And no don't say Judgment Day, because I doubt you can use 9 Spellbooks in 1 turn) and more importantly it stops your Special Summons for a turn, which can be deadly against decks like E-Dragons, but also messes up your Judgment plays. Some people are gonna run it at 1 if at all. The fact that it's a +2(or +) doesn't make it broken, considering the current OCG gamestate.
This isn't gonna go anywhere unless someone finds a broken way to abuse it. It's the equivalent of Judgment Dragon for Prophecy, and it has it's pros and cons. Imo it has more cons than pros, but that's still a preemptive judgment. Let's see how it does once it's released.

PhotonDragon12345

PhotonDragon12345
Industrial Illusions
Industrial Illusions
If i were a prophecy player, I wouldn't play it due to its requirements. Like Sy, Drawing it is a dead card.

raissa ana' marriana

raissa ana' marriana
Houseless
Houseless
This is a balanced JD with a small bonus and a harder summon.

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
a balanced JD? are you kidding me?? His summon requirements are a joke. He doesn't have any conditions to be special summoned, he can be tribute summoned and monster reborned, also spellbook of Life simply fulfills the trigger. Also, you're forgetting about Temperance of Prophecy.

JD at least had the -1000 LP restriction on it's nuking effect, this guy doesn't even have that. Having 4 spellbooks in your hand? have you ever played Spellbooks? such an easy requirement, way easier than having 4 LS in grave, and if its late game, JD can't go off if you are low on LP and maybe you need to save LP for solemn warning?

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Niko327 wrote:a balanced JD? are you kidding me?? His summon requirements are a joke. He doesn't have any conditions to be special summoned, he can be tribute summoned and monster reborned, also spellbook of Life simply fulfills the trigger. Also, you're forgetting about Temperance of Prophecy.

JD at least had the -1000 LP restriction on it's nuking effect, this guy doesn't even have that. Having 4 spellbooks in your hand? have you ever played Spellbooks? such an easy requirement, way easier than having 4 LS in grave, and if its late game, JD can't go off if you are low on LP and maybe you need to save LP for solemn warning?
Point 1:
When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a Spellcaster-Type monster or a "Spellbook" Spell Card: You can target 2 "Spellbook" Spell Cards in your Graveyard; add both those targets to your hand. You cannot Special Summon other monsters during the turn you activate this effect. When cards are added to your hand by this effect: You can reveal 4 "Spellbook" Spell Cards with different names in your hand; destroy all cards on the field, except this card.

Point 2:
No one runs Temperance of Prophecy in current Prophecy Tier 1 builds.

Point 3:
Having 4 Spellbooks in your hand isn't that hard, but you're making JD's 1000 LP cost sound like Solemn Judgment's cost. And the same goes for you, really. Have you ever played Lightsworns? No? Do you know how easy it is to have 4 LS in your grave? It's a joke.
Of course I have played Prophecy decks, and versed them a lot of times. The only uses for this card I see right now is blowing up the field in extreme situations and being a beatstick like Abyssleed. Now, tell me: how easy is it to have 4 Spellbooks in your hand late-game, after spamming Judgment Day lots of times?

raissa ana' marriana

raissa ana' marriana
Houseless
Houseless
and what if you draw this world? Also, 1000 life points is nothing. Use 1000 LP, inflict 3000 damage... who loses more life points there? At least JD isn't dead in hand. I would rate this as below even Reaper of Prophecy.

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Of course it can't go in current Tier 1 builds, but who ever said Judgment Spellbooks were tier 1? From what I heard, they were getting sacked hard even with Judgment Day because they're so easy to side against and can't do crap against OTKs. Temperance isn't in current builds, no, but OCG is very creative and have come up with multiple builds for decks before, and if the current one isn't working, I'm sure when this card comes out, some Asian kid is gonna come up with a new variant that abuses this crap.

You guys are looking at the card all wrong... Considering it won't be out for a long time, there is other support that could possibly be released, new ideas to implement with the card... The fact is, it has much more potential than you give it. I have played LS and they're boring as hell, and I've played against many LS players, of course its easy to get 4 different LS in grave, but it's not as easy as the conditions on this card in my opinion, considering it only takes a single card to make this guy hit the field and nuke it.

raissa ana' marriana

raissa ana' marriana
Houseless
Houseless
BRD only takes Debris, it isn't broken.

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
raissa ana' marriana wrote:BRD only takes Debris, it isn't broken.
Although there is a monumental difference between a relative easy to summon staple nuke and a archetype based semi-nuke that adds spells to your hand from the grave.

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
raissa ana' marriana wrote:BRD only takes Debris, it isn't broken.

Only BRD destroys itself and doesn't then continue to plus...

Sure, there are just as broken cards out there as this, but you can't sit there and tell me this isn't OP/broken/stupid good. You people be soundin' like those nubs on DN or youtube comments who say BLS isn't a stupid broken card simply because you can negate it's summon. That doesn't make it not broken...

Felix Daniels

Felix Daniels
Houseless
Houseless
I find this continuing argument interesting :@yep: . In my opinion, I still think its broken, regardless of a drawback that that can easily be remedied through the likes of hand destruction or magical mallet, and then brought out from the deck using a prophecy, or revived through a spellbook at a later date. But I see what other argument is saying, considering the huge power creep in the last few installments of the game.

But to be honest, all it takes is a stroke of genius to figure out how to use this card effectively in a top tier deck, and do not think that people will not try it. But only time will tell exactly how badly this card will wreck the metagame 🇸🇸.

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Felix Daniels wrote: I find this continuing argument interesting :@yep: . In my opinion, I still think its broken, regardless of a drawback that that can easily be remedied through the likes of hand destruction or magical mallet, and then brought out from the deck using a prophecy, or revived through a spellbook at a later date. But I see what other argument is saying, considering the huge power creep in the last few installments of the game.

But to be honest, all it takes is a stroke of genius to figure out how to use this card effectively in a top tier deck, and do not think that people will not try it. But only time will tell exactly how badly this card will wreck the metagame 🇸🇸.

Good arguments are always welcome, keeps the threads rollin' XD

Very true, being dead in the hand isn't a huge deal because you could run cards like magical mallet, dark world dealings, etc., which are spell cards... so more fuel for Judgment Day. Of course adding in cards such as these just for the sake of getting rid of one monster could cause many consistency issues, but who knows, someone might come up with something really good. I know I won't be that person because I'm far from an expert deck builder, but time will tell.

It is very possible for this card to be ignored as well, or even if a new build is invented, it might not work nearly as well as anticipated either, just like the Judgment Day spellbook hype was really all for nothing since it got wrecked from heavy siding.

raissa ana' marriana

raissa ana' marriana
Houseless
Houseless
Being a good future prospect doesn't make something broken though. For example, Lightray Sorcerer could be considered a future prospect. Is it broken though?

Felix Daniels

Felix Daniels
Houseless
Houseless
But the thing is, no one has outright thought that card was broken, because not enough archetypes are truly compatible with it(not that many that are top tier anyway :umm: ). Because of that, its options seem severely limited compared to Chaos Sorcerer, who had fluctuating status in the banlist because it helped the chaos decks all too well, simply because it was a cheap duelist's BLS :@yep: . However, if there was an already existing archetype that it is compatible with, and was already climbing the ranks of the tiers, when Lightray Sorcerer would've been released, then it basically would have only added salt to the wounds of duelists who have to face off against said deck.

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Personally, anything that has an obvious and easy way to plus with no drawback and good sustainability is broken, whether the card is good in current builds or not. The card itself is just poorly designed because it's just asking for too little and giving way too much. Priestess in my opinion is also a broken card, Grapha, Inzektor Dragonfly, Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, I could go on. Are they necessarily game-winning cards? no, not always, but it doesn't change the fact that the cards themselves are inherently OP with no drawbacks.

Alchemistyazan

Alchemistyazan
Teacher
Teacher
Honestly, this card is broken 100%. "Some cards are just as strong as this one", some may say... Boy are they wrong. Some cards are just as powerful but they have a drawback, their effect usually limits them to a lower standard but this monster... Do you know how easy it is to get 4 Spellbooks in your hand? Now with Spellbook Judgement day, that accomplishment is a piece of cake. This card is way too broken in my opinion.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum