Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:59 am

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier 300px-Trishula%2CDragonoftheIceBarrierHA04-EN-ScR-1E

Attribute: WATER
Types: Dragon/Synchro/Effect
Level: 9

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can activate this effect to remove from play up to one card each from your opponent's hand, field and Graveyard. (The card in the hand is chosen at random.)

So do yall think this card was rightfully banned?
Do you think that, wish enough Solemn Warning's and Solemn Judgments running around, it was ridiculous for it to be banned?
Or do you think that they were just trying to put the final hole in the casket of Plants, for the sake of XYZ selling?

2Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Nuran

Nuran
Houseless
Houseless
it not only killed plants it killed any synchro related this card didn't need to be banned in any case it was better the only reason why they banned trish was to promote xyz

3Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
The odd thing is that Junk Doppel recently Top 32ed in the latest United Kingdom YCS!
I was so surprised, that without the help of Bulb, Spore, or Trish, the deck actually Top 32ed!

4Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Nuran

Nuran
Houseless
Houseless
Junk still good since they still got level eater and unknown synchron they can still quasar people to death Razz

5Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
The guy didn't even run Quasar in the extra deck actually :O

6Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Nuran

Nuran
Houseless
Houseless
eh im talking about in general lol they still got synchro spam power with those 2 xD

7Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:08 am

Phraxure

Phraxure
Houseless
Houseless
There are UK YCS? o:

It's easy to get Level 9 Synchros out on the field, depending on what deck you run, and tbh I saw this getting banned a while back. Mist Wurm is the replacement Synchro, it isn't bad, just low ATK.

8Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:55 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
I wasn't around during it's entire existence in the game. Though, reading it, it doesn't seem as bad as some cards out today.

9Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Well, it's banned for a reason xD

10Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
And that reason being?

11Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
1. Easy to summon
2. Convenient (Banishes 3 cards - kills today's meta (well, sort of))
3. Just boss.

IMO Brio is more broken than this. The ability to trunade your opponent's field with the simple cost of discarding a card is unbelievably powerful. Although I think that's why Brio isn't banned and Trishula isn't- Brio requires something to use its effect, making it inconvenient in many situations.

12Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:30 am

Bitterbox_1

Bitterbox_1
Houseless
Houseless
Reasons they banned this card:

1. To kill synchro monsters to make way for XYZ's

2. Like all things Konami....MONEY!

3. Trishula loop in Infernity decks. Look it up on Youtube, it was sick.

13Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:17 pm

shadowfox18

shadowfox18
Houseless
Houseless
it's still not as broken when its limited to one. it sould come baaaaccckkk....='<

14Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Kimo Force

Kimo Force
Dark Desolation
Dark Desolation
Jimi wrote:I wasn't around during it's entire existence in the game. Though, reading it, it doesn't seem as bad as some cards out today.
I take that you thought the effect targets only one card, but in truth, it actually targets three cards maximum, one from each location. Now that I think of it, there was a lot of confusion about the effect when it first came out.
For the record, it was one of those staple Synchro monsters you had in your Extra deck in case you deck allowed you to summon it. Trish was easy to summon, and gave you a 141 or a +1 in advantage depending on the situation and reaction of the opponent.
Also, since its effect applies as the chain is resolving, if it gets hit with Bottomless, it still gets its effect and you get to choose the cards to remove from game from graveyard, hand, and field while the chain is resolving. Trishula was one of the top reasons why people still kept using Synchros, and now that it's gone, most have resolved to using Xyz monsters.
I seriously want my Trishula back. ;w;

http://kimoforce.deviantart.com/

15Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Empty Re: Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
Kimo Force wrote:
I take that you thought the effect targets only one card, but in truth, it actually targets three cards maximum, one from each location.

I read it just fine then. Razz
I just don't think it's all that bad.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum