Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TCG Discussion - How to beat Dino Rabbit Empty TCG Discussion - How to beat Dino Rabbit Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:16 pm

CykaDelic

CykaDelic
Houseless
Houseless
As we ALL know, Dino Rabbit is one of the biggest , most overused meta decks of the format. Via Rabbit, they can go on to create ridiculous XYZs like Dolkka and Laggia and that Heroic Champion dude. However, there are a couple of cards you can side to stop their shenanigans. Let's take a look :

1. Mirror of Oaths - This overlooked card can easily stop their Rabbit plays ( and Tour Guide too Very Happy ) and you get to + off it. When they banish Rabbit and summon their 2 Dinos/Warriors, play Mirror of Oaths to destroy their 2 new monsters and draw 1 card.

2. Bottomless Trap Hole - With the most popular Dinos being Kabuzauls (1700 ATK) and Sabersaurus(1900 ATK), Bottomless can get rid of those monsters quickly.

3. 3x Effect Veiler - With priority gone, Veiler can now sucessfully shut down Rabbit. Hooray!

4. Snowman Eater - Good card versus Laggia...not so good versus Dolkka...

5. Nordic Relic Laevateinn - This card works very well against basically any deck. When their Laggia/Dolkka destroys your monster, Laevateinn destroys their monster, hands down no exceptions. Laggia cannot negate it, they cannot chain Forbidden Lance, nor Compulse.

6. Soul Drain - This card, released in Return of the Duelist, works best with its partner-in-anti-meta Skill Drain. This card completely shuts down Rabbit plays. It also shuts down Sangan, Gustos,Madolches, and Chaos Dragons.

I hope this helps in your battles against Dino Rabbit. Cyka out!

Last edited by CykaDelic on Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding more cards to the list for fellow Academy Members. :))

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
Going into further detail about Snowman Eater:
Snowman Eater defense is at 1900, thus being perfect to counter (pretty much) all of the monsters in Dino Rabbits. Since most Dino Rabbits players will attack with their new Sabersaurus before they XYZ, when they attack into a Snowman Eater, your Snowman Eater is perfectly fine while at the same time destroying a Sabersaurus, thus ruining their XYZ play. Jurrac Guaiba also is easily countered, as they attack into your Face-Down monster to try to Special Summon another Guaiba, they take 200 Damage and their Guaiba gets destroyed. The problem with Snowman Eater is if your opponent knows, and just XYZ into Dolkka (as you said). At the same time though, you can use that to your advantage, by bluffing a set Snowman Eater, forcing your opponent to go the safe route and XYZ into Dolkka, and thinking that they outsmarted you, but when it ends up being a Sangan, they get embarrassed.

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
You guys are so smawt study

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Teh Wizord uv Oz wrote:Going into further detail about Snowman Eater:
Snowman Eater defense is at 1900, thus being perfect to counter (pretty much) all of the monsters in Dino Rabbits. Since most Dino Rabbits players will attack with their new Sabersaurus before they XYZ, when they attack into a Snowman Eater, your Snowman Eater is perfectly fine while at the same time destroying a Sabersaurus, thus ruining their XYZ play. Jurrac Guaiba also is easily countered, as they attack into your Face-Down monster to try to Special Summon another Guaiba, they take 200 Damage and their Guaiba gets destroyed. The problem with Snowman Eater is if your opponent knows, and just XYZ into Dolkka (as you said). At the same time though, you can use that to your advantage, by bluffing a set Snowman Eater, forcing your opponent to go the safe route and XYZ into Dolkka, and thinking that they outsmarted you, but when it ends up being a Sangan, they get embarrassed.

What about Alexandrite Dragon?
ATK: 2000

Still screws over the Xyz play, but Eater still gets mowed over in the process.

Ofc we are talking about Dino Rabbit though, so it is still extremely potent.

CykaDelic

CykaDelic
Houseless
Houseless
Teh Wizord uv Oz wrote:Going into further detail about Snowman Eater:

Other monsters that force Dolkka plays are Ryko and D.D. Warrior Lady ( warrior lady being the best solution to get rid of laggia/ a spent dolkka). You make very good points. Thanks for backing up my suggestion. Very Happy

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
meh, all to defensive. ide rather quickly summon something + 2500 that they cannot counter or negate then run them over with it. just need to draw out that laggia effect first to avoid the solemnsaurus.

https://www.youtube.com/Garyrulz123

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
GaryRulez wrote:meh, all to defensive. ide rather quickly summon something + 2500 that they cannot counter or negate then run them over with it. just need to draw out that laggia effect first to avoid the solemnsaurus.

That's because reckless Gary is reckless.

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
I <3 Ponies wrote:

That's because reckless Gary is reckless.

well i dunno, ide rather stand up and fight then lay down traps and run and hide. like really, imo constantly setting defensive things and still getting ur butts whipped by these top decks isnt fun. ide rather put on the pressure and make them beat me, not just play solitare with there own cards over my defenses.

darkness evil

darkness evil
Houseless
Houseless
what about Spirit Reaper, Gellenduo etc, they have nthn to get over u just sit there till u get the cards u need to change the duel

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
Spirit Reaper isn't nearly as good as it used to be IMO, with a WHOLE lot of decks running Forbidden Lance, Forbidden Chalice, and Compulsory.
Gellenduo and Arcana Force The Fool need to be added to the list though.

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Teh Wizord uv Oz wrote:Spirit Reaper isn't nearly as good as it used to be IMO, with a WHOLE lot of decks running Forbidden Lance, Forbidden Chalice, and Compulsory.
Gellenduo and Arcana Force The Fool need to be added to the list though.

its good in the right decks for its hand attacking effect. thats damn dangerous.

CykaDelic

CykaDelic
Houseless
Houseless
Updated my list, ladies and gentleman!

Tempest

Tempest
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
The Nordic relic sucks...

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Personally I use Hero Blast, Effect Veiler, Super polymerization, etc.

I don't usually run Effect Veiler though.

Exiled

Exiled
Houseless
Houseless
Reapers more valuable then Fool or Gellenduo because of its ability to create advantage

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
And at the same time can fall short in defenses when compared to Gellenduo or Fool..Lances are getting Mained in so many different decks.

Jimi

Jimi
Heaven's Guard
Heaven's Guard
*wields blow torch*

Here's how to kill it.

Fluffytots

Fluffytots
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
wow i havent dueled dino-rabbits yet but ill make sure to be ready when i verse them

GaryRulez

GaryRulez
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
AHA u use a jet lighter and u burn there rabbit when it hits the field. lol jk. but really. i faced them when they first hit the scene. only real issue i see is when they atart abusing rabbit via leviar.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum