Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Empty Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
As you all might know, I'm a huge Blackwing fanboy. I've been meddling with different variants of Blackwing decks since the archetype has been released, and I've come up with a new concept with the aid of TurkThePally, a relatively known YugiTuber.

https://i.imgur.com/rEey2a7.png

Since their release, most people see Blackwings as a more aggressive, swarm deck, Which was true for the first few years of their release considering they WERE the introduction to the "swarm" idea. Now compared to the newer swarm/aggressive playing decks, they're pitifully slow. The monsters are too inconsistent to keep up with the speed of other decks and they really don't have many good opening normal summons like other decks. Which is why now their focus is much more control and slowing the game down.

The main purpose of this deck is very simple and it runs VERY similar to anti-meta decks. It's based on running over your opponent with mere ATK strength and brute force via hand traps. With Kalut coming off the list this March and Damascus to be released, the deck has potentially 6 hand traps (I decided to go with 5, haven't tested 6, but 5 has been working fairly well).

The main beaters being Shura, Bora, Zephyros, and potentially Sirocco all run well with skill drain since their effects aren't very potent in the first place excluding Shura (in which case I usually won't set skill drain quite yet with Shura, but it's not exactly a loss to have shura/skill drain since I can still get a 3200 beatstick out of him, Deck Devastation Virus off with him, Icarus Attack plays, and delta crow still works as well).

Your thoughts? I haven't tested this variant very much since the list still isn't official/isn't March 1st yet so I've been playin in unlimited with a bunch of nubs, but when I played it with 2 kalut and 3 damascus it worked like a charm. Still a bit of consistency issues with getting my main beaters in hand, which is why I run 2 Zephy because without the main beaters in hand, I can't get any field presence for kalut and damascus to even be useful.

Also, here's a link to TurkThePally's Blackwing deck profile. I made my own version of the deck after testing his and finding some inconsistencies with his verion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K1j8XKdOoE

2Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Empty Re: Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:11 pm

Lunatic

Lunatic
Dark Desolation
Dark Desolation
Bumping this up because it deserves to be read, almost went off the latest topics list. Nice article :) In my belief, BW are only antimeta now

3Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Empty Re: Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:19 pm

PhotonDragon12345

PhotonDragon12345
Industrial Illusions
Industrial Illusions
Maybe anti-meta... I don't see the need for deck devest to be in main.

Too many Icarus Att

I would directly put chimertech in the extra

Another Cyber Dragon in side.

4Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Empty Re: Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:32 pm

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED

! ! ! ! REL1NQUISHED
Houseless
Houseless
Damascus bad, You should run solidarity if your going for this. 2 zephyros is never good. Overall it looks allover the place. I suggest going for solidarity + dark eruption to add to the shenanigans. 3 icarus attack is good in a stun deck like this. Lances,damascus,1 zephy, and blizzard aren't really good and can add some space if you clear up.

5Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Empty Re: Blackwings: The new anti-meta? Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
The extra deck is crammed full there's no room for chimeratech in the extra deck, and even if I did have room I wouldn't because its just as easy to side him in... I don't have much trouble with machines anyway, and with Karakuri you need to stop them on their turn, which cyber dragon doesn't do.

Solidarity is another continuous spell that has to stay on the field... We're in heavy storm/ 3 MST format, and I run call of the haunted, skill drain, black whirlwind, and 3 icarus as it is. The backrow is way too full for that.

Damascus is not bad at all, it automatically puts all my beaters over 2000 atk for deck deva, he's 1300 himself and can get boosted by Kalut. I need more monsters than anything in this deck and solidarity would just hinder that over Damascus.

2 zephyros is never good in a non-blackwing deck. He's 1600 atk, meaning he can be bottomless'd, he also searches for Kalut and anything under 1600 atk with whirlwind out, and I don't run foolish burial or anything to get him in the grave quick, 2 is much better than one in this case, trust me I've been testing all week and I love having 2 way more than I did at 1.

dark eruption is definitely an option though, the more kaluts, the better. Possibly will take out blizzard for it, but still undecided. Blizzard is a very amazing play no matter what variant of Blackwings you play, even with skill drain out I can bounce it to my hand for zephy and abuse blizzard.

Lances aren't good? are you kidding me? lol

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum