Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Pu**y Decks Empty Pu**y Decks Sun May 26, 2013 2:15 am

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
What decks do you think are pu**y decks? By that, I mean decks that show that someone has to use cheap tactics. I'll give you an example of what I mean.

Exoida OTK: I ran into this guy that had all this cards that just made him draw time and time again. It wasn't until he almost milled that he got all the pieces.

Any OTK/FTK: Just ruins the old school game of luck, strategy and fun...and these drag on FOREVER.

XYZs: ...Just no.

Synchrons: Only the ones that are so ridiculous that it makes Charlie Sheen sane.

Anyone else got something?

2Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun May 26, 2013 11:47 am

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
I don't consider any decks "pu**y decks".
However I consider pu**ies the people that think Tier decks are lame and require no thought.

3Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun May 26, 2013 12:12 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Industrial Illusion Leader
BlackGuy wrote:What decks do you think are pu**y decks? By that, I mean decks that show that someone has to use cheap tactics. I'll give you an example of what I mean.

Exoida OTK: I ran into this guy that had all this cards that just made him draw time and time again. It wasn't until he almost milled that he got all the pieces.

Any OTK/FTK: Just ruins the old school game of luck, strategy and fun...and these drag on FOREVER.

XYZs: ...Just no.

Synchrons: Only the ones that are so ridiculous that it makes Charlie Sheen sane.

Anyone else got something?

I think since Exodia suck at this point, take the most skill to run.

Same with burn and FTK and OTK.

I think lame decks are top tier, Prophecies and Incarnets

Verz are the one top tier deck that imo takes skill.

But I digress, I only use infernity and agents.

Sy is a truly terrifying person, he is the best of the best and mains a pure LS deck.

4Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun May 26, 2013 1:55 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
...It takes no skill to do FTK, OTK and Burns because anyone could make them and they're cheap *** cards. Literally anyone can just get just the Exoida pieces and every single card in this game that makes you draw so that they could get it. FTK and OTK is either having cards that make people continue to lose life points (if you're first) or spam special summoning monsters and increasing their ATK power to infinite.

Tiers...Can't say anythin about those but from what I've seen, it does take skill for that to happen. The other ones you said are pu**y decks because they're full of BS.

5Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun May 26, 2013 2:47 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
BlackGuy wrote:...It takes no skill to do FTK, OTK and Burns because anyone could make them and they're cheap *** cards. Literally anyone can just get just the Exoida pieces and every single card in this game that makes you draw so that they could get it. FTK and OTK is either having cards that make people continue to lose life points (if you're first) or spam special summoning monsters and increasing their ATK power to infinite.

Tiers...Can't say anythin about those but from what I've seen, it does take skill for that to happen. The other ones you said are pu**y decks because they're full of BS.

I think you have the wrong definition of skill and no skill

6Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun May 26, 2013 4:24 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
Are you like, out to get me or something?

7Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 12:15 am

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
Phoenix King wrote:
BlackGuy wrote:...It takes no skill to do FTK, OTK and Burns because anyone could make them and they're cheap *** cards. Literally anyone can just get just the Exoida pieces and every single card in this game that makes you draw so that they could get it. FTK and OTK is either having cards that make people continue to lose life points (if you're first) or spam special summoning monsters and increasing their ATK power to infinite.

I think you have the wrong definition of skill and no skill

BlackGuy wrote:Are you like, out to get me or something?

I don't think anyone's out to "gey you" BlackGuy.
You have a very unique outlook on YGO, especially with the modern setting we're in, I find it surprising there's that many people that hold your views (I know at least 2).

I disagree about your opinion on Xyzs at the very least, I believe Xyzs (although some are incredibly powerful) is an innovative game mechanic and can and should be optimized by players that can do so.

I agree with PK to an extent, although it really doesn't take THAT much skill to play Exodia OTK/FTK, considering all you're doing is drawing. The skill in that deck is in the deckbuilding, and that is easily done with netdecking.
As for other OTK decks, the only one I don't like is EDrags. I just plain and simply don't like how EDragons function as an archetype- they can go on almost infinitely (given the proper recycling cards) with combos and whatnot to totally annihilate anyone unfortunate enough to play against them (given the EDrags user is half-way decent).

I don't mind losing, in fact, it doesn't bother me in the slightest most of the time, but cheap tactics just annoy me. Not because I lost, but because it's just no fun to lose to Simochi and triple Gift Card.
It's one thing to lose to a nifty combo in which someone busts out a huge beater with amazing luck and uses a creative combo to win, it's another to lose without even getting to take a turn.

When I play, I prefer to play a game in which both players play their hardest and the duelist with the best hand and strategy wins.
Unfortunately, the game has shifted to where this ultimately lies in who can build the most overpowered, broken deck imaginable. Konami appeals to this by make archetypes more and more broken so that people will buy more and more until the overpowered deck gets hit in the next banlist. Rinse, repeat. Profit.

8Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 3:11 am

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
"gey" me? .o. That sounds sexy~ I meant that he's responded to me in other threads and stuff, being a BIG MEANIE HEAD! -Pouts like a boss-

There are a few I know myself that have this view (sorta. They still KINDA use them, but not FULLY bs...eh). XYZ is a thing, and I know that, but it's just so broken. Remember when XYZ ACTUALLY have XYZ cards in their name, and not random cards used to bring out a black card that is XYZ (including the bs "Numbers" cards).

I don't mind losing, in fact, it doesn't bother me in the slightest most of the time, but cheap tactics just annoy me. Not because I lost, but because it's just no fun to lose to Simochi and triple Gift Card.
It's one thing to lose to a nifty combo in which someone busts out a huge beater with amazing luck and uses a creative combo to win, it's another to lose without even getting to take a turn.

When I play, I prefer to play a game in which both players play their hardest and the duelist with the best hand and strategy wins.
Unfortunately, the game has shifted to where this ultimately lies in who can build the most overpowered, broken deck imaginable. Konami appeals to this by make archetypes more and more broken so that people will buy more and more until the overpowered deck gets hit in the next banlist. Rinse, repeat. Profit.

^My thoughts EXACTLY. Point by point.

9Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 6:26 am

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
I was typing at like 1 AM, be happy that I have so few spelling errors. x-x

Although our opinions on what is broken differs, I understand the reasoning behind why you don't like certain decks.

10Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 10:22 am

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
well, konamis current (and previous) banlist(s) sure are helping out lame-o-decks.

so many bannable broken and exploitable cards...i stopped counting. hile some banned cards are just banned for no reason, like goyo guardian or rescue cat.

but the most lame-o-decks would be every deck which does't punish the player for misplays.
a deck where you can just play you whole hand recklessly and still win against lower tiers 90% of the time, this includes lamezektors (argueable, hornet at 1 sure does lowered their tier but if you draw/mill it, it's still almost a sure win), lame-o-rabbits, lamebooks, dragon-lamers, lameswarms, lameworld, lamemails and constellames (first turn pleiades but no dark hole? gg) imo.

obviously any stall deck would be in the same category, some of them are fun and require some deck-building skills tho. (unless you netdeck)
gallis FTK/OTK, fairy-exodia and chain-burn decks. (thanks to magic cylinder being at 3 now...wtf? why not unlimit ring of destruction as well?/sarcasm i miss upperdeck...)
those are the 3 non-tier0 lame-o-decks.

tho i mentioned "lameworlds" to be broken, i'M still relieved when fighting those...so i don't have to face something even more broken.

what? i prefer to fight DW over other decks? man, that clearly shows how broken the game is atm.

11Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
wauwi wrote:well, konamis current (and previous) banlist(s) sure are helping out lame-o-decks.

so many bannable broken and exploitable cards...i stopped counting. hile some banned cards are just banned for no reason, like goyo guardian or rescue cat.

but the most lame-o-decks would be every deck which does't punish the player for misplays.
a deck where you can just play you whole hand recklessly and still win against lower tiers 90% of the time, this includes lamezektors (argueable, hornet at 1 sure does lowered their tier but if you draw/mill it, it's still almost a sure win), lame-o-rabbits, lamebooks, dragon-lamers, lameswarms, lameworld, lamemails and constellames (first turn pleiades but no dark hole? gg) imo.

obviously any stall deck would be in the same category, some of them are fun and require some deck-building skills tho. (unless you netdeck)
gallis FTK/OTK, fairy-exodia and chain-burn decks. (thanks to magic cylinder being at 3 now...wtf? why not unlimit ring of destruction as well?/sarcasm i miss upperdeck...)
those are the 3 non-tier0 lame-o-decks.

tho i mentioned "lameworlds" to be broken, i'M still relieved when fighting those...so i don't have to face something even more broken.

what? i prefer to fight DW over other decks? man, that clearly shows how broken the game is atm.
//facepalm

Sorry couldn't resist.
Apparently none of you has any idea what's going on with the game right now.

12Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 2:28 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
:U You should share with us then Syru. :I I wanna know!

13Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
I was trying to abstain from writing a wall of text.
I've been discussing this matter with a lot of people that thought the same way as you, but they just wouldn't listen. And I doubt you will change your mind by just reading a wall of text, so it's not worth it.
Keep thinking of the game this way, if you don't like it, then stop playing and don't complain.

14Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 3:35 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
sorry, but don't throw out a facepalm if you won't tell us your opinion.

then you shouldn't have posted in the first place. (beat 'ya with your own logic! :P)

i won't stop playing, since half the time i encounter quite original yet nice build and competetive decks. (like gogogo-zombies or someone made a very unique GB-xyz deck)

and i know that in online YGO games, everyone have access to all (TCG AND OCG) cards and build an exploitable deck with a mix of both easely...
the current situation applies in YGOPro and DN, tho not in RL.
however, this shows where the game slowly is heading towards to...

15Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 3:56 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
. _. I'll read it. You'll be right to say I'd probably wouldn't change my ways, but I'm very open-minded about stuff so I won't say **** your wall of text or anything. Besides, who would give up their childhood? u_u

16Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:02 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Syrufit wrote:I was trying to abstain from writing a wall of text.
I've been discussing this matter with a lot of people that thought the same way as you, but they just wouldn't listen. And I doubt you will change your mind by just reading a wall of text, so it's not worth it.
Keep thinking of the game this way, if you don't like it, then stop playing and don't complain.

This.

You people do not seem to understand that Konami is trying to speed up the game. The game would have been slow and boring without anything new. Synchros were added to speed up gameplay, which it did, immensely, Xyz were introduced for variety, and Incarnets and CD were introduced to give a deck the title of ''Broken'' Six Sams were not this intention but people ended up finding out that it was possible, this was the same premise as Wind-ups, Konami did not expect them to be and bad as they were, so they hit them, then they were still bad, so they crippled them.

17Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
BlackGuy wrote:. _. I'll read it. You'll be right to say I'd probably wouldn't change my ways, but I'm very open-minded about stuff so I won't say **** your wall of text or anything. Besides, who would give up their childhood? u_u
There is no point to waste my time to write a wall of text to try and change your mentality on the game. Why should I write it when I simply do not care about what you think?
I just think hating on decks and cards to the point of ranting about them continuously is stupid.
"O shet Xyz and Synchro are overpowered, normal monsters r da shet!!! Dis game sux but i wana play et aniwai! Cuz i wanna keep ranting on cerds n nabs who use meta! Im da only skilled playr sinc i no use Xyz and Sync!"
^ That's how I see you guys.

Lol at wauwi who said Inzektors, DW, Constellars and Macro Rabbit are OP.
Goyo and Rescue Cat are banned for no reason? That line is enough for me to tell you're either trolling or don't know anything about the game.

That being said, if you think Constellars and Inzektors (currently) are OP, you must play decks like Shapesnatch OTK 'cause... that's just... wut.

I wanna hear you guys' opinion. What decks require skill? TeleDad? God help us, the only skill a card game requires is a little thought and the ability to move your hands.

18Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:26 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
the last time i bothered with posts/statements from konami, it was when XYZ came out.
they said they wanna target a much younger audience and release cards easy to use.

well, it didn't failed.

but it broked the game for much older players.

if they said they wanna speed things up...well it ended like this: either you clearly win or totally loose. all that packed in a 3 turn "who draws the most staples first" war.

if that's what konami actually wants, then this game might not be made for me anymore and i should stop playing as well as apologize for everything i've posted here, including my opinions. :nodrama:

it seems it was a mistake coming back to YGOPRO after all. -_-'

no more balanced, exciting duels unless i grab a tag force or WC game.

thanks konami for making my beloved, balanced and fun children's card game to just a children's card game. Very Happy
/rant end

edit: i am NOT saying that everything is broken atm, but some newer (released the past year) cards are just wayyyy too easy to play/summon/pull off for their effects which are often comming without any negative side effects.

Last edited by wauwi on Mon May 27, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

19Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
Look. I get what Konami is trying to do, but how they're doing it isn't as good as they think, although I know they did a good job...then broken cards but hey, you can't please everyone.

Yu-Gi-Oh is a business, first and foremost. That is obvious. This is a "child's game", even if we know that no child knows how to play properly. They put out all these cool cards (the art and stuff I mean) and it attracts people to play their game. The put out more and more broken cards so you'd buy them and have the system of common, uncommon, rares and etc. to have you continue buying them and try to get them.

No matter how much I'd complain about the cards, and no matter how much I'll rant about the game itself, I know I won't stop playing it. It's just like CoD (expect fu*k that sh*t for me). A lot of people love it, and fanboy over it (I have a love hate relationship with my childhood card game), so no matter what happens, people will defend it.

Just like Xbox One. When that reveal came up, I was just in awe of how Xbox fanboys literally thought Xbox One was going to be the end all generation. They are a business and they'll do anything they can to make it thrive.

So to assume I won't listen to your points and assume I don't know any better is purely disrespectful. I explained my way of thinking to the fullest and I hope that it'll open up for discussion, although from what I've been reading, you probably think I'm the lowest form of scum on the planet.

20Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Look, there's no need for any more walls of text. I'll make this simple and answer in a straightforward way. Don't take it as an offense.

I don't think you're scum. I just think your opinion is retarded.

21Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:38 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
wauwi wrote:While some banned cards are just banned for no reason, like goyo guardian or rescue cat.

You be dumb too.

Rescue Cat is too broken and needed an immediate ban.

Goyo is a level 6 synchro with 2800 atk that has a broken effect.

22Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:40 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
well Sy, the way you are posting clearly shows disrespect. you're posting nothing constructive. you're just saying that our (i guess mine and blackguy's only?) arguments are retarted.

and why you bothering posting in the first place and then just saying "meh do not want explain"?

kinda like attention"womans" at facebook. Razz:

goyo can be limited...he's not broken anymore...
well not compared to other cards...

and rescue cat...for what was he good? right, instant brio or goyo. both are banned and all level 6 synchros left are "decent" or worse except for maybe 3 more or less good ones. (i personally like the 2000ATK fire-attribute bouncer)

Last edited by wauwi on Mon May 27, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

23Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:41 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
BlackGuy wrote:Look. I get what Konami is trying to do, but how they're doing it isn't as good as they think, although I know they did a good job...then broken cards but hey, you can't please everyone.

Yu-Gi-Oh is a business, first and foremost. That is obvious. This is a "child's game", even if we know that no child knows how to play properly. They put out all these cool cards (the art and stuff I mean) and it attracts people to play their game. The put out more and more broken cards so you'd buy them and have the system of common, uncommon, rares and etc. to have you continue buying them and try to get them.

No matter how much I'd complain about the cards, and no matter how much I'll rant about the game itself, I know I won't stop playing it. It's just like CoD (expect fu*k that sh*t for me). A lot of people love it, and fanboy over it (I have a love hate relationship with my childhood card game), so no matter what happens, people will defend it.

Just like Xbox One. When that reveal came up, I was just in awe of how Xbox fanboys literally thought Xbox One was going to be the end all generation. They are a business and they'll do anything they can to make it thrive.

So to assume I won't listen to your points and assume I don't know any better is purely disrespectful. I explained my way of thinking to the fullest and I hope that it'll open up for discussion, although from what I've been reading, you probably think I'm the lowest form of scum on the planet.

You are misinformed about the Xbox One is you think it is good.

Also, Konami is a company, but it also looks at the public view of cards, it's the players views that manifested E drags and Prophecies

We wanted spellcasters and dragons to be more relevant, and they made those.

wauwi wrote:well Sy, the way you are posting clearly shows disrespect. you're posting nothing constructive. you're just saying that our (i guess mine and blackguy's only?) arguments are retarted.

and why you bothering posting in the first place and then just saying "meh do not want explain"?

kinda like attention"womans" at facebook. Razz:

It guys arent stupid, but your opinions about YGO are.

And it is quite obvious too.

24Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:50 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
so you would say the game is completely fine as it is?

well i think that's retarded or ignorant, but i respect that.

some people like one-sided, broken games where over 90% of it's content became obsolete. (in this case, "content" means "cards")

some rulings are weird too, like spellbooks...they say "target" but they don't. maybe just card errata.

but again, like i said in post #18:

i am NOT saying that everything is broken atm.

Last edited by wauwi on Mon May 27, 2013 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

25Pu**y Decks Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Mon May 27, 2013 4:50 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
@PK: ...I said I didn't like the Xbox One, so please read before you make a response.

Also, you talk about broken Synchrons yet there's those that have Lvl 4 and over 25 ATK points. Right, because that's not broken.

@Syru: .3. That's still rude. I didn't say your opinion was retarded, even if I don't know what it is, but still wouldn't call it retarded.

._. LOL. With every single one of my threads, it turns into a completely different thing.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum