Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Welcome to Toon World Academy, please register here or login.
Make sure to read the starter guide and rules before posting.
If you have any questions ask them in the chatbox or PM one of the staff members.

Toon World Academy
Anybody who wants to get tested for their dorm please post Here
Have you introduced yourself? Do that Here
Please read TWA's Rules Here
Interested in helping the site with cool features? Suggest them Here

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

1Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Pu**y Decks Sun May 26, 2013 2:15 am

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
First topic message reminder :

What decks do you think are pu**y decks? By that, I mean decks that show that someone has to use cheap tactics. I'll give you an example of what I mean.

Exoida OTK: I ran into this guy that had all this cards that just made him draw time and time again. It wasn't until he almost milled that he got all the pieces.

Any OTK/FTK: Just ruins the old school game of luck, strategy and fun...and these drag on FOREVER.

XYZs: ...Just no.

Synchrons: Only the ones that are so ridiculous that it makes Charlie Sheen sane.

Anyone else got something?

51Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Wed May 29, 2013 2:59 pm

Syrufit

Syrufit
Hell's Emissary
Hell's Emissary
Fluffytots wrote:The only reason why Rulers are so much is because of the 3 draccosacks and big eyes. Prophecies are expensive because of Priestess, Judgment, Masters and a couple others. Card cost does have a tad impact on IRL tiers.
Well Duh.
And no they don't.

52Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Wed May 29, 2013 5:36 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
u_u I'm a p**sy now, cuz I'm usin XYZs.

53Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Wed May 29, 2013 7:36 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
BlackGuy wrote:u_u I'm a p**sy now, cuz I'm usin XYZs.

no, you aren't.
"rescue rabbit", "constellars", "tour guide", "goblindbergh" and "kagetokage" are great cards to get in touch with XYZ...it's quite fun trying them out for the first time.

XYZ aren't all broken.
well, not if everyone is using them.

still, some XYZ monsters are unnecessary powerful for their rank and their lack of drawbacks and difficulty to summon.

you don't have to be a prophet to know that half the cards on the next limit/banlist will be xyz monsters.
or they'll just release more broken cards to counter the already broken cards...like they did the past year. (hello tier minus 1 decks)

either some balancing or I'll stop playing once and for all after 12 years. (*sigh* the childhood memories...i crapped brix when i got my pegasus starter deck.)

but it's not THAT much of a mess yet...but i'm afraid of this is where YGO is heading towards to pretty fast.

just OTK'ed dragon rulers with infernities...good day.
edit: aaaaaaand OTK'ed spellbooks with infernities...very good (lucky) day. Pu**y Decks - Page 3 497508670

54Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Fri May 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
BlackGuy wrote:u_u I'm a p**sy now, cuz I'm usin XYZs.

I understand you dislike the new cards cuz they're crazy OP compared to the older ones, but that's no attitude to have if you're going to follow a TCG. If you like the old cards better, then find people who will stick with only the old cards and play with them because it's just in the nature of TCGs to gradually grow and constantly pump out better cards.

All TCGs do it because to continue with making cards, they have to always be making cards that are better than the last so people won't just play the old ones. No one would make money that way. It's seen in Pokemon TCG and MTG as well. 1st gen Pokemon cards the lowest HP something would have is like 20, with 60-80HP being very good. Now 60HP is the lowest you'll ever see and most don't have generic attacks that only do 10 dmg. They'll have an effect or do at least 30. MTG has been pumping out some ridiculously OP sets too recently that stomps on the older sets still legal in the format. Playing anything from Innistrad is just dumb unless you play with blue...

Same thing with YGO, just gotta keep moving forward with the game, or get left behind. If you don't like the power creep, then stay out of the meta. Please join us though, the metagame will teach you a lot :3

55Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:37 am

Eheroduelist

Eheroduelist
Galactic Chaos
Galactic Chaos
^ +1

56Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:06 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
Industrial Illusion Leader
BlackGuy wrote:Hero Beat and Six Sams (currently)

Roid, Crystal Beasts, Gears, D.D. (maybe) are being mad/tested.

None of those are broken....

Heroes and Six Sams are the decks that made this thread a really bad joke in the first place... smh.

57Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:10 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
Six Sams is just about swarming the field, and so is a lot of deck types. Six Sams is like Fire Fist, but less powerful cuz Six Sams needs another man to back him up while Fire Fist just needs one out for it to work.

Heroes just rely on Fusions, if you run a pure Heroes deck. Of course, you can use XYZ but if not, people just use Fusions.

Roid is super defensive and requires you to wait, which I don't do TOO well at. You gotta wait for the right cards for an OTK and all the monsters have low ATK power and some even have low DEF power.

Crystal Beasts take up the Magic and Trap Card Zones, all day. It helps so that your monster isn't actually destroyed, but rather in the back zone. Helps out well when you bring out dat Field card too. They can be viewed as OP, but as broken? I beg to differ.

Gears is a bit broken, especially with Geartown. Geartown is a tribute man's wet dream, especially people who only use old school cards. Just jizzin at the fact they can get a Gear out with just one less tribute. They're undead machines...that's hype.

D.D. is all about banishing, so those cards that don't let you banish...D.D. is pretty f**ked after that. They rely on the remove from play and once that's gone, their play is almost completely shat on.

.3. So I don't see how this is a joke of a thread. :I

58Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:08 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
six sams: you're more than 2 years and a banlist without a limtied "gateway of the six" too late.
swarming the field mainly with your monsters in your hand is outdated.
swarming from the deck is the new shizz since rabbits and tourguides hit the arena. :0o0o0:

heroes: again about a year too late to call them OP or broken. (speaking about hero beat in particular...those guys used XYZ to OTK)
before, the most common hero build was "debris hero". dat snowman eater...still annoying. but they aren't even tier 2 today.

roid? okay, now you're being silly. why even mention an archtype in a topic about broken decks which never really was a competetive one to begin with...there was the UFOroid OTK...but that was like 6 or 7 years ago...

crystal beasts were decent, maybe even "powerful" if the deck was build with some knowledge...now they can't do crap. (compared to today's standards)

gears WERE broken...also like 2 years ago when ultimate offering was at 3...or 2? it's been a while
they are only a thread if the gear-user is really lucky. (clearing the field while having ultimate offering face-up...sounds easy but it's not)
their main hitter, machina fortress, is not as much of a thread today like he used to be.

about D.D.: are you trying to say that they are good or bad? now you're just confusing me.

was your whole post about how they broke some archtypes in the first place? :whattheshaft:

in that case, ignore my nonsense above.

59Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:49 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
xD You gots it all wrong. King was sayin this thread was a joke, because Six Sams and Heroes being mentioned is what made this thread a joke. I was just explaining to him (or her) about those archtypes (s)he called "OP" or whatever (s)he thought.

-Pets Wau- :U It's okay. You didn't know~

60Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
i'm pretty sure, that king is male. (according to the gender symbol under each one's forum avatar...)

i still don't get it...i hate having insomnia all night long @_@.
turns your brain into mush...

wait...so King got it all wrong...because you just said that what you're currently testing/playing?

well w/e.

just found out that my main deck could FTK if i'd add "fusion gate", "black garden", 3 of some fusion-burner, some weird starship-XYZ (i guess that one is optional) and 3 less powerful "premature burial" rip-offs.

looks cool the first time and it's nice to troll people with it but FTK's and unoriginal OTK's (just play out your entire hand and attack) and loops are still lame imo.

like i need another reason to be shocked about the fact that genex-ally birdman is still unbanned.

he's one of the main cards in 2 FTK's (one of them is a loop) and it's still at 3? "mind master" was banned instantly after the gusta-draw loop was born. same with "chaos emperor dragon".

the fact that i miss upper deck shows how broken and exploitable the game currently is.

61Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:41 pm

Oz

Oz
Houseless
Houseless
Any deck that is Tier 1 are always the "pu**sy" decks.

62Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:42 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
O.O PFFFFFFFFFFFFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! True, true.

63Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:18 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
BlackGuy wrote:Six Sams is just about swarming the field, and so is a lot of deck types. Six Sams is like Fire Fist, but less powerful cuz Six Sams needs another man to back him up while Fire Fist just needs one out for it to work.

Heroes just rely on Fusions, if you run a pure Heroes deck. Of course, you can use XYZ but if not, people just use Fusions.

Roid is super defensive and requires you to wait, which I don't do TOO well at. You gotta wait for the right cards for an OTK and all the monsters have low ATK power and some even have low DEF power.

Crystal Beasts take up the Magic and Trap Card Zones, all day. It helps so that your monster isn't actually destroyed, but rather in the back zone. Helps out well when you bring out dat Field card too. They can be viewed as OP, but as broken? I beg to differ.

Gears is a bit broken, especially with Geartown. Geartown is a tribute man's wet dream, especially people who only use old school cards. Just jizzin at the fact they can get a Gear out with just one less tribute. They're undead machines...that's hype.

D.D. is all about banishing, so those cards that don't let you banish...D.D. is pretty f**ked after that. They rely on the remove from play and once that's gone, their play is almost completely shat on.

.3. So I don't see how this is a joke of a thread. :I

Hero Beat(Fusions exclusive) are broken.

Six Sams just need 2 monsters in the hand to start swarming.

They are 2 very broken and OP decks.

Also, can't say one deck is Tier 1 because a YCS has not occured yet.

Six Sams dominated a good portion of last format, and was never touched in the banlist, infact, one of it's most broken cards got unlimited.

So yes, I do think Six Sams are broken,

64Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:42 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
hero beat got a fusion exclusive version? Razz
well, HERO BEAT aren't broken...they are "decent".

e-hero decks with fusions mainly (and debris/snowman eater) aren't even that anymore today...sad right? i like them very much. :@yep:

six sams broken? in a format with 2 of their best cards being limited and with mirror force and torrential tribute at 2?

nope.

sure if they draw gateway, then they are a huge threat but without that card--> :foreveralone:

they can't even beat my crappiest junk decks i've made for fun even with both shi-en and shogun on the field...something like zenmaines alone is too much for them to handle just with swarming.

same goes for blackwings.

today's format isn't low-level swarming and attack anymore...it's a high-rank xyz swarm/using their effects/you destroy every card of your opponent and in his deck and in his butt and he still keeps swarming with high-rank monster/gg-format.

there's only one type of decks which can compete with today's standarts: dark worlds, stall/burn/exodia and maybe lightsworns.
older types of decks and playstyles require too much luck to be called broken or even good...like quasar decks.

65Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:31 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
I think King just had a very bad experience with Six Sams. Something that made him so upset he fell into a depressions. u_u You can tell me about it King. <3

//Obvious sarcasm is obvious. <--Has to say this cuz people take things too seriously all the time.

66Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Just because they aren't broken NOW doesn't mean they aren't broken and I think that's what Phoenix is getting at. I'd agree with him as well, that Six Sams are broken and stupidly OP, but it just so happens they aren't good in the current meta due to the current banlist/newer sets of cards.

If you went off of something being broken simply by how good they are now, then you could say Goat Control decks and Tele-Dad aren't broken at all, and Dark Armed Dragon and Judgment Dragon aren't broken cards either simply because they can't do sh*t to decks in this format. Which, is false.

67Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:01 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
0.0 I don't get what you mean, but I know one thing.

I always loved Six Sams cuz I just love Samurai. Very Happy Dat, and they fit my playing style of killing everything you own. ;D

68Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:16 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
Niko327 wrote:Just because they aren't broken NOW doesn't mean they aren't broken[...]

wat? :whattheshaft:

they can't be both broken and not broken now. Razz

there WERE broken.

but even more broken cards made them not broken anymore.
like summoned skull (treated as "archfiend" card in the OCG btw) or blue-eyes (still the strongest vanilla)...they were broken...like 10 years ago.

sure, older cards in any TCG will be replaced by newer, better ones but konami/upper deck kept the balance for a long time. that times is long gone i guess.

i'm happy tho, that in YGOPRO, not everyone uses overpowered decks. (except for the past 2 days since the latest update...it contained a premade exodia-library-deck for the single-player AI which is overused atm by players...still never lost against those yet :B): )

69Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:58 pm

CryonixHeat

CryonixHeat
wauwi wrote:
Niko327 wrote:Just because they aren't broken NOW doesn't mean they aren't broken[...]

wat? :whattheshaft:

they can't be both broken and not broken now. Razz

there WERE broken.

but even more broken cards made them not broken anymore.
like summoned skull (treated as "archfiend" card in the OCG btw) or blue-eyes (still the strongest vanilla)...they were broken...like 10 years ago.

sure, older cards in any TCG will be replaced by newer, better ones but konami/upper deck kept the balance for a long time. that times is long gone i guess.

i'm happy tho, that in YGOPRO, not everyone uses overpowered decks. (except for the past 2 days since the latest update...it contained a premade exodia-library-deck for the single-player AI which is overused atm by players...still never lost against those yet :B): )

Yes they can, they are broken in general, just not in the current meta.

CD was broken back in the day, then people learned to get over it, but doesnt change the fact that CD is still broken to this day.

70Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:33 pm

BlackGuy

Houseless
Houseless
Dafaq is CD? ._.

71Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
have you guys actually dueled against anything after the 5D's era yet?

CD is not broken anymore...it doesn't mean that a card/deck is broken only because it was once.

because 1, there are better alternatives or 2, it became the standart or 3, because it's simply not a threat anymore.

example for 1: swarming like six-sams and BW used to do, from the hand. the better alternative is to swarm from the deck, which alot decks can do nowadays.
if you're using six sams or BW and start swarming and a torrential/mirror force/darkhole/etc is activated, you're most likely beaten.
while thinning your deck, swarming from the deck is taking less recources from your hand, making it able to come back after a world-destroyer.

example for 2: again six sams: alot decks can swarm these days...more than half of all decks can do that. (unlike six sams, most of these decks donÄt require much luck)
dragon rulers swarm the field with level 7 monsters and can call out up to 4 rank 7 XYZ monsters in one turn easely. (btw, THAT is the definition of broken cards/decks nowadays)

example 3 - six sams (surprise):
the current format allows 2 torrentials, 3 MSTs, 2 Mirror Forces, 1 dark hole, 1 heavy storm, 1 warning and 2 BTHs. not to mention that almost everyone have put in some XYZ monsters in their decks, like zenmaines, pleiades, utopia or any XYZ with multi-trigger (quick) effect. cards with quick-effects are used commonly in general.

and even if you manage to draw gateway, thanks to MST being at 3, chances are that it gets destroyed as soon as you play it which makes six sams just half as strong in an instant.
no doubt that this also is a good thing for six sams to get rid of dangerous face-down's before attacking.

just beaten six sams again...with just one fire-king avatar even though my opponent had a gateway and stardust dragon out. he pretty much had the best possible draw for six sams with starlight road, heavy storm, 2 six sams and gateway.

TL;DR:
six sams and many cards/decks once were broken.
but since "broken" gets defined new everytime new cards/archtypes/banlists are released, they aren't...anymore.

72Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:58 pm

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
Everyone has a different definition of broken anyways, but you still don't get the point... a broken OP card in my opinion is something that has every up side and no down side. I mean, look at BLS.... You gonna say he's not broken simply because Chaos decks aren't a threat right now? Sure, Chaos decks won't be any good this format, but if they were to drop a BLS it's still gonna do damage and it costs the player nothing to play him. BLS is a 3000 ATK, popping double striking bastard that has the easiest summoning conditions to fill. I don't care if he's not a threat right now, he's still a broken as hell card.

Same with Gateway, it costs the player absolutely nothing to use it, it can use counters from OTHER CARDS ON THE FIELD(lolwut Konami you trollin), and it has 3 different effects built into one card, one of which is a monster reborn for your shi en. Not to mention its -4 effect is practically making six sams swarm from the deck, since you search, then special from the hand, add counters, search, special form the hand, repeat, which gets around your argument of "six sams swarming from the hand." It isn't even a once per turn effect. The card is terribly OP, regardless of the threat Six Sams have on the format.

Summoned Skull was never broken and neither was Blue-eyes. Summon Skull is a -1, so it cost you something in return, and Blue-eyes is a -2. To get blue-eyes out, it usually took 3 turns since special summoning wasn't much of a thing in the 1st generation of YGO, so if you were able to protect your monsters on field until that 3rd turn to trbute for blue-eyes just to go -2, you deserve a 3000 beatstick.

And don't get me started on Judgment Dragon... >_____>

73Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:27 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
getting 1 or 2 monsters was easy...2000DEF monsters (a deck full of those could make an enemy deck-death back then...) or "soul exchange" or "change of heart".

witch of the black forest was at 3 so it was too easy to get your summoned skull out.

according to your logic, 2000DEF monsters are still broken, because they were broken back then...a wall, easy to summon without downsides. same for 1800ATK monsters.
also "jirai gumo"...2200ATK, level 4, used as a wall...(deleted a wall of text from this point)

...you know what? i give up...sorry if it sounds rude, but i guess i can't change your opinion as well as take you seriously if you call cards "not a threat" and "broken" in the same sentence.

i feel like i'm being trolled here. O.O

btw...I've just beaten both judgement and BLS...twice...in one duel with a weak deck, without skill or effort...just with staples. :umm:
that alone makes it hard for me to accept and respect your opinion. :/

74Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:37 am

Niko327

Niko327
Houseless
Houseless
lols its all good, we all have different perspectives and its fine. I beat Lightsworn decks all the time too, doesn't mean getting a 3000 ATK monster out for no cost with an effect to blow up the field for a trivial 1000 lp cost isn't OP. However, you're arguing like I've heard so many counter argue about cards not being broken. "You can counter them so they aren't broken. Just run Solemn Warning, Bottomless, Torrential." Oh, those cards counter monsters? I never knew! :O

This is all off topic anyway!!!

Lightsworns is a pu**y deck!!! DISCUSS WHY :P

75Pu**y Decks - Page 3 Empty Re: Pu**y Decks Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:39 pm

wauwi

wauwi
Houseless
Houseless
Light Sworns are pu**y decks, because "necro gardna" is at 3 and it's always the exact same deck: 3 gardnas, 2 jugements, 1 BLS, 3 LS Rykos, 3 LS Jains, 3 LS luminas, 3 wulfs, 3 lylas, 2 summoner monks, 3 recharges, 1 charge, 1 allure, 1 plaguespreader, 3 monster reinkarnations, the rest are staples.

you've just made youself a lighsworn deck, grats.

same goes for "Dark World"...the exact same deck...i never saw a DW deck differnt from each other. if i take a look at some of my vs-Dark World-replays, the differences between those DW decks are minimal...like 1 or 2 cards being different.
DW's are still top and overused, so a pu**y deck too, i guess.

same goes for rulers and spellbooks...broken and pu**y.

well, some duels, like against d-ruler-karakuri hybrid restored back some faith in this game...man even though i was being owned, it was fun watching that deck in action.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum